GROUP BUY: Morimoto XB LED Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
MORIMOTO GROUP BUY
20% OFF XB LED HEADLIGHTS

We're doing a Group Buy right now on Morimoto XB LED Headlights for 2015+ Ford F150s (this includes F150s & Raptors). We're taking 20% off the regular price through October 20, 2019. Place your order from the following link and after all of the group buy pre-orders are in we'll get them shipped to you.

ORDER HERE:
http://www.4x4truckleds.com/group-buys/

72632771_2443327472623501_6962767059176390656_n.jpg

image__15290.1564507985.png

image__23133.1564508012.png

Last edited:

gordo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Adam (and anyone else who cares to comment) -
1st post. New Raptor owner. Just picked up a 2019 2 days ago.:chewie:

I've seen these lights posted on Instagram and I'm trying to figure out what benefit would it give me if I already have LED's? Also, I plan on getting an NFab RDS bumper and a light bar. Debating whether I want one single 40" or maybe a 20" spot in the middle and a 10" combo on each side. I looked at the LP6 and LP9 but I don't need that much light. I live in Florida and will prob only be off road 10% of the time. What do you recommend?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So welcome to the Raptor community first of all. You're going to love your truck.
With that said, the OEM LED lights do the job. But if you've ever seen aftermarket lights you're going to realize just how bad the OEM LED are. Now... they do the job, and meet the requirements for Ford. In fact, Ford won some awards for their design. BUT they do suck, especially the highs, when compared to aftermarket solutions.

The Morimoto XB LED Headlights are a completely new housing, replaces your existing housings. They have 4 total projectors per side (2 for low, 2 for high). They put out a lot more light then the factory OEM LED.

These housings plug right in and include the appropriate harness making it easy.

You could do a Baja Designs 40" ARC Dual Control bar on the N-Fab mount. This is a dual control bar so you get white/amber in 1 bar (controlled from 2 different upfitters). It's a nice option. OR you can do 4-6 LP6 lights or 4-5 LP9 lights. I did 4 LP9 on my own demo truck so that my front camera could still PARTIALLY work (it shoots between 2 lights).

You could also do a row of Squadron Pros on a few different switches even. So lots of options.

Honestly you'll probably never use the lights unless you're hog hunting in the woods somewhere.... and then you don't even want the lights on. But if you're off in the back woods they'll help light things up for sure.

I'd also recommend our SPP Triple Fog Light Kit. I'd say do that before anything else as you'll get some useable fog lights with some added lights for those back roads: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-baja-designs-lights/

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do the Morimoto give a more 'blacked out' appearance than the stock? Also like the sequential turn signal feature.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nope they sure do. I had them on my old demo truck. I've actually had a set on the side for our new demo truck for about 4 months now but i've yet to install them (too lazy/busy). The main difference with the "Raptor" XB headlights compared to the regular F150 XB Headlights is the DRL option btw. Only the Raptor versions from Morimoto have a full amber outline for DRL. So that's a really nice feature.

gordo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. Maybe I’ll get a pair of headlights then. As far as the light bar I definitely want to make sure I can still use the front camera.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, does anyone have (or know of) a link that would show the difference in light output between stock and the Morimoto headlights?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm actually working on it. I can tell you the Morimoto put out about 1000 lux. I believe stock would be around 500 or so. I plan to do a shootout when i remove my own demo trucks housings though

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see a comparison of what the light output looks like on the street between the 2, not just a "here's what they look like when shining on a white wall", if at all possible! :)

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ummm I can try... I mean usually we pull the truck into the shop to work on it but I guess I can swap one housing out and do some outside shots/videos.