Gen2 fuel nozzle clicking off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ace75

Reaction score
Has anyone here had problems with their truck causing the fuel nozzle to click off prematurely while topping off at the gas station?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
No problem here. My last 2 rams though would click off whenever you turned around to go into the store.

OP
OP
A

ace75

Reaction score
I have a 2013 ram, I’ve had nothing but problems with the def system.

Ahimoth

Reaction score
I have that problem with my 2011 Ford Flex... basically the same fuel filler design on that vehicle. I found if I put the hose nozzle all the way in, and then pull it back about half an inch, it works fine.

poltrup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that problem for the first 6-months combined with evap system OBD code when the tank would drop down past 1/2 tank. After many trips to dealer (and 1 trip to lawyer ;-) ), turns out hose leading from top of gas tank to evap purge valve was put together wrong closing off the passage. This in-turn also causes another valve to close restricting flow in the filler neck so you can only get about 2-gallons and <click> until the neck can drain down... then another 2-gals... and so on.

Funny thing is... the replacement part comes disassembled and dealership repeated this (pushing the hose too far in the assembly and closing it off) over the course of 6-months of taking the truck back every 2-weeks. While writing a nice check for my troubles, Ford called the service dept. and told them to flip the part over and make sure the hose wasn't shoved in too far before putting the tank back on.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knock on wood I have not had this happen yet for my first few fill ups however my Avalanche was natorious for that. Very annoying to have it click off every gallon for 30 gallons of fuel.