Gen 3 XLT first contact

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inside of the new F150 is greatly improved over the Gen2 Raptor. Don’t get me wrong the current Raptor does the job fine but a upgraded interior will be nice. I have a 17 Avalanche so it’s all depends on the color selection for me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to thoroughly inspect and drive a standard 2021 f150 XLT 3.5. Nice truck. Very understated look. Sharp clean design. Front seats are way better than the Gen2. But not as good as Raptor. Interior quality decent. I envisioned it being way better. Cleaner design. 12" screen is cool but not a deal breaker. Just plug in a big ipad if you think you need it. The undercarriage looks to have way better treatment with glossy black paint. No rear coils. Nice truck.
Way classier than a Silverado or Sierra.

But I honestly am so happy with my Raptor... I can say that I might just wait for the Gen4. I will be practical for a change. Maybe I'm just chilln out in my old age. I was relieved actually. That gut feeling that I need to upgrade was not there...

Gen2 Raptor owners can be very comfortable with their trucks for a while. The Gen2 design is definitely more in ya face and aggressive. The next Gen is a kinder more friendly look. Less triggering for the sensitive defund the police crowd.

interesting- my 2020 Raptor has a noticeably glossier sheen & heavier coat to the frame as well, my 2018 on other hand seemed to have very thin matte coating the same or similar to what’s on the exhaust tips.

I think they must’ve started treating the frames differently in 2020 sometime then.

I like the folding function of the shifter w/ the center console converting to a larger work area.

def some cool features

rosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sell Fords and have been very impressed with the 21's. So far, they pretty much sell themselves. I had 2 customers the came in for a lariat and left with XLT's. The last one, I sold for 10k under MSRP.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '21 302A XLTs have everything that made me go for my 67k '20 502A Lariat. Custom leather seats are an easy add, and you get keyless entry, dual zone climate, big screens on gauges and center stack etc.

I hate the new digital dash in the Lariats and up with a passion, nothing like the perfection in the '18 Audi S4 I'm used to. I hope they nail that for the Gen 3 Raptor, as the current one is laggy with cartoonish font and an odd shape.

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are in an 21 XLT and disappointment in the new 21 Raptor, Im not sure if you comparing Orange to orange . It’s like comparing orange and apple here .

I’m not a guy that going crazy about interior, but I thought my 19 raptor 802A package is pretty decent and I don’t have much complain. I do own a few higher end cars and SUV and I don’t have any complain about the current raptor interior.
I do have a complain of random shit not working in my raptor though lol.

With that being said, I sat in the 21 lariat and platinum at my local dealer, I do think it is an improvement from the 2020 model. I think they did a good job. I do hope raptor Will still look aggressive and perform better; I will upgrade for sure ... unfortunately trx is not an option for me lol

Marlboroman

Reaction score
Call me what you will but I’d like an option for vinyl floor boards , orange peel plastic trim,and downgraded seats. Everyone uses the truck for their own desires. If your wanting all the leather and fancy trim hey that’s cool and your able to select it. Problem solved for everyone, except Ford. I get that it makes things less streamlined in the assembly process to have more options or hardly used options. But I think they would get more trucks sold to more people, thus seeing more profit.