Gen 3 & R Front Differentials Grenading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has the forum heard about an issue with the Gen 3 & Rs front differentials blowing up? I don't have all the details, but I hear the badness occurs when in 4 wheel and hard breaking combined with engine deceleration that is blowing things up. I have heard of three occurrences and all were in trucks that offroad

Has anyone else heard of this?

Last edited:

awd5906

Reaction score
I think I saw one post on here about a front pinion? I’ve noticed more vibration from the front in 4wd but that’s about it. Torque steer seems to be non existent but I’ve heard of that being present for some people.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has the forum heard about an issue with the Gen 3 & Rs front differentials blowing up? I don't have all the details, but I hear the badness occurs when in 4 wheel and hard breaking combined with engine deceleration that is blowing things up. I have heard of three occurrences and all were in trucks that offroad

Has anyone else heard of this?

Your scenario is exactly what they have you do at Raptor Assault at least 10-20x in a day. They run the trucks 1 to 2 times per week for at least a few years…

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The earlier case was 2009-2021 as far as I could tell.. maybe they changed something or maybe the site wasn't up to date but there's been many failures of front differentials.. the case is unable to deal with ring gear deflection on coast/decel/reverse.. I just put one in my gen2...

Last edited: