GEN 3 Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

mohctp

Reaction score
I've never been a "wheel and tire" guru. One of the options I like is this VR Forged D02 Satin Bronze (truck) (Full Forged).

It appears to come in a 17, 18 and 20" wheel.

I do like the "big tire" look that came on my 2023 Raptor 35, but I do not love the 17" rims (they are the upgraded beadlock ones). I feel the 17" is too small.

Will this VR Forged D02 fit, and are there any big problems with 17 vs 18 vs 20 on a Raptor? My truck is mostly a daily driver, so my priority is road and highway comfort in dry and wet conditons, with a little snow in the winter. That said, I don't want to get stuck if I drive off the road in a field.

Wanting to maintain the aggressive truck look, but maybe with a wheel that is a little larger than a 17".

Any help would be appreicated.

OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@mohctp it may not be a popular choice but you'll have no issues with 20's. The 17's are very beneficial when you air down but if you're not airing down you're good with a set of 18 or 20 inch wheels.

The video below is Cobb's GEN2 on 20" wheels and they're being anything but gentle with them lol.

mohctp

Reaction score
@mohctp it may not be a popular choice but you'll have no issues with 20's. The 17's are very beneficial when you air down but if you're not airing down you're good with a set of 18 or 20 inch wheels.

The video below is Cobb's GEN2 on 20" wheels and they're being anything but gentle with them lol.

I don't know even know what "air down" means, I can guess it means letting air out of the tire. I don't know that there is any value in that to me.

I don't plan to drive like the video. However I might want to be able to drive through some dirt or muddy areas similar to that at a slower speed without getting stuck.

Specifically, I bought my raptor because it looks cool, not because I intend to use it for what it may have been designed for.

What about spacing, offset, etc, all that stuff everyone brings up in this thread. Do I need to worry about that?

OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@mohctp You'll be fine in the dirt with 20's. As far as offset, that kinda depends. If you want something more like stock you can go with +20 or higher. If you want a wider stance you could do a +00. The +00 will poke the wheel out 1.25-1.5" compared to stock.

This calculator is very helpful. OEM specs are 8.5" wide +34 offset for reference