GEN 3 Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCO

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you have the wheels powder coated? In other words, did you have a spare set of wheels to put on the truck while the others were being powder coated? I want to have mine Powder Coated as well, but I do not want to buy a spare set of wheels. Thank you in advance!
There's a place here (Denver) that specializes in powder coating wheels. You don't have to take the wheels off. I brought in the truck at 7am and it was done by 5pm. They did a excellent job to boot. There were a bunch of baller vehicles there - a beautiful 911 pulled up with me and there was a TRX there when I picked mine up. Nice little business.

They were the only place I could find that didn't just want me to bring in the wheels, as if removing the wheels and tires is not a massive pain in the *** and completely impractical.

OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How did you have the wheels powder coated? In other words, did you have a spare set of wheels to put on the truck while the others were being powder coated? I want to have mine Powder Coated as well, but I do not want to buy a spare set of wheels. Thank you in advance!

Some powder coaters are a one stop shop for wheels. We have one locally that will have you drop the truck off in the morning, they dismount the tires, strip and powder the wheels, mount and balance the wheels and you're ready to go by the end of the day. It typically runs $6-800 depending on the color and the size of wheel.

But in most cases, you have to remove the wheels from the truck, leave it on jack stands, have a tire shop dis-mount your tires and bring the wheels to the powder coater and you're at the mercy of their schedule.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be approximately 2" out from stock.
wow!

i’m sure people are doing this, but wow. that’s a big change. please share your experience…

- handling with that much additional scrub radius?
- longevity of wheel ends with that much additional leverage on everything?

koyojo

Reaction score
Good choice on wheels, these are definitely one of my favorites! Is it possible to send a picture head on and from the back to see the offset? How much stuff are these throwing at your doors? My GEN2 with these Vector6 wheels, threw a bunch more stuff up at the doors than my stock wheels, is this still the case for the GEN3?