Gen 3 Dog carrier solution?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckmark

Reaction score
This is my first truck, I have always had SUV's and dogs part of the family. I live in Yuma Arizona, its hot and dusty so prefer to keep my Lab in the cab. I have a aluminum kennel for hunting that fits in on the floor with double back seat up. You have to keep dogs in a kennel when hunting, they get wet and muddy. We have a vacation home in Cabo San Lucas and drive back and fourth, I had these shelves built to maximize the space. The Lab rides on top, cat underneath, kid in the single seat. This works very well, as my lab likes to look out the window cruising down the highway. My second lab died so have not tried it with two dogs, but guessing it would work depending on the size of the dogs. For non-family trips, I have extra shelves to maximize all the cab space. IMG_5249.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6482.JPG
    IMG_6482.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7964.JPG
    IMG_7964.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6707.JPG
    IMG_6707.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2714.JPG
    IMG_2714.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
M

madru17

Reaction score

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's a nice crate, did you have to keep all the seats up or just half>?
Both have to go up for the Intermediate size. You might be able to get away with one seat with the medium depending on your dog size. I have a 50lb Blue Heeler. Intermediate is a little bigger for him but I got this for long haul trips. If it was just short trips, I would have went medium. The smaller crate is safer for the dog in the event of a crash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter