Geiser Bro's Raptor Progressive Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the boys over at SVC who put my springs on yesterday, as usual great job, quick and easy in and out - lucky to have these guys right up the street!

I had the springs powder coated black before I put them on so they would blend in like stock springs. Will get Alignment Monday - but to be honest truck is running very true and straight after swap.

I was bottom perch stock and stayed on bottom perch with the new springs. Initial driving impression is they are plush feeling - as expected a little softer feel on initial bite, everything seems a bit smoother.

UPDATE - I now have driven about 1,200 miles and all I can say is THIS IS A GREAT UPGRADE! The ride is improved and overall look is better - one of the best mods for the $ I have done to date!

Picked the nose up about 1" on my truck. I have Deaver +2" rear springs - however mine were custom one offs, to handle 600 lbs of tongue weight for our boat, so a little different than the off the shelf version.

Here are some measurement before and after

Front (flair to ground - Flair to bottom of wheel)
Passenger
Before 40" - 32"
After 41.125" - 33.125"

Driver
Before 40.5" - 32.5"
After 41.375 - 33.375

Rear - remained basically unchanged
Passenger
43" - 35.25"
42.5" - 34.75"

So I am still about 2" "@$$" high overall.

Here are some before and after photos. Also included are my alignment spec sheet. Before is after the springs were installed by SVC and Actual reflects the setting completed by the Ford Dealer a few days later and where the truck is now.

Overall very happy with the change. Much better change ride wise then keeping stock springs and going mid or top perch - but certainly not as economic!

Attachments

• Before Springs - Front End Pass.jpg
    Before Springs - Front End Pass.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 308
  • After Springs  Front End.jpg
    After Springs Front End.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 305
  • After Springs Front End 1.jpg
    After Springs Front End 1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 272
  • After Springs 3.jpg
    After Springs 3.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 355
  • Before Spring - Deaver +2's in rear - Pass.jpg
    Before Spring - Deaver +2's in rear - Pass.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 341
  • Before Spring - Deaver +2's in rear.jpg
    Before Spring - Deaver +2's in rear.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 344
  • After Springs 6.jpg
    After Springs 6.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 317
  • 1-26-16 Alignment Specs.jpg
    1-26-16 Alignment Specs.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 307
  • Springs Black - 1.jpg
    Springs Black - 1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 296
  • After Springs - Clean 4.jpg
    After Springs - Clean 4.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I had my Geiser springs powdercoated Ford/Fox-ish blue, I bought @Mluis11 front shocks and shipped them off with the springs to DC Shock Services in San Dimas Ca and had them rebuilt and the Geiser springs installed on mid-perch. Just need to time find to install now.

I'll be going from ~63k mileage stock front susp that has been on top perch since about 30k miles. Anxious to feel the difference as I believe me current susp is worn.

geiser-spring.jpg

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
After I had my Geiser springs powdercoated Ford/Fox-ish blue, I bought @Mluis11 front shocks and shipped them off with the springs to DC Shock Services in San Dimas Ca and had them rebuilt and the Geiser springs installed on mid-perch. Just need to time find to install now.

I'll be going from ~63k mileage stock front susp that has been on top perch since about 30k miles. Anxious to feel the difference as I believe me current susp is worn.

geiser-spring.jpg

Damn those look good with the blue powdercoat!

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was out in the desert last weekend (Gecko Rd/Glamis) and had some time to run hard in the desert and the dunes and along the sand hwy. down to Gordon's Wells and the springs work great - super plush ride and seem to take everything the stock ones did, but with just a litter nicer ride.

Overall could not be happier with these springs. With a Honda 450 quad and a few gas cans in back and these up front truck was totally level and rides outstanding on the road.

Best mod for the $ I have done to the truck so far - if you are stock and can get a pair of these springs you will not be disappointed.

RAPTORSCHIM

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had the stock springs laying around taking up garage space, and would like to sell them ?

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had the stock springs laying around taking up garage space, and would like to sell them ?

Perfect timing. I have an extra set I bought off @Mluis11 truck and they are already boxed up and ready to ship. PM me your number.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the Geiser Bro's springs installed today. Gained right at 1 1/4 inch in height up front, measured from ground to flair in the center of the wheel. Lost 1/4 inch at the rear wheels. There is about 1 1/4 inch difference front to rear with the new springs up front, stock leafs out back. I didn't get to drive very far tonight but I liked how it felt on road, no bounciness what so ever. These springs are a definite improvement in ride quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.