Front timing cover leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mwolfram

Reaction score
Well having the timing cover leak fixed tomorrow, just wondering if anything else should be inspected like the water pump and what not while they are in there.

pavendort

Reaction score
I had my 17 in for cam phasers recently. Was at 99,900 miles, so I figured while they are in there, change the water pump, timing chain, and guides/tensioners. I was told the chains are on national backorder with no ETA, but mine were good. I figured since they were in there, labor costs were minimal, and I am cheap.

OP
OP
Mwolfram

Mwolfram

Reaction score
Well I had it done and got it back last Friday, asked if they can do anything and said they can’t just go in there and look for problems if it’s not showing any signs, but I am hearing a different noise when starting it up now after this service was done. Sounds like a ticking and can’t figure out where it’s coming from. Also when I’m in cab I hear what sounds like a deep grumble when giving it slight rpm while increasing it. Sorta like what a lawn mower sounds like without a muffler. Like little bubble sounds lol. Back to the dealer I go. Will add parts list.

Attachments

• IMG_9791.jpeg
    IMG_9791.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9790.jpeg
    IMG_9790.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 11