Forscan Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMAN62465

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading this all sounds awesome for you Gen 2 guys... is there an option available for Gen 1 owners??

Also I have a new 2016 Ford Edge...is there one available for that also

Thanks!

GMAN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Brandon1107

Reaction score
Anyone know what the PowerPoint timeout setting does? Is this how long the power outlets stay on after turning off the truck?

Yes. Or you can disable timeout subject to battery voltage. When your voltage falls to x the pp still turns off.

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

Reading this all sounds awesome for you Gen 2 guys... is there an option available for Gen 1 owners??

Also I have a new 2016 Ford Edge...is there one available for that also

Thanks!

GMAN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

There might be a few things for Gen 1 depending on the year.

Lots of stuff over on Edge forums about Forscan.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different wheel for Heat optioned trucks than the wheel for Non-Heat optioned.

Your truck would need to have at least the following:
802A
Heated Steering Wheel Module (HSWM)...Drivers side, under the dash
High series heated steering wheel

Ok thanks, I have the 802a, will have to check the rest, if not at least I can add it later, Thanks for answering my question!

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to messing with Forscan today.
Disabled the double honk
Turned off the fake engine noise
Added the auto fold mirrors
Added the global windows
Added secure idle
Added the temp numbers above the gauges
Added the seat heat/cool and steering wheel the home screen
Extended the RAP to 60 minutes
Changed the panic button to a double click

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys are doing it! Really awesome been playing around with a few other things.

joeyrotorhead

Reaction score
Disabled the double honk
Added the global windows
Added secure idle

+1 and got rid of the door chimes when in park with doors open.

btw way what does the RAP options do?

Also, I listed this a question or on the Forscan forum but you guys might already know the answer... more of a pet pev, than an actual issue, but our Sync 3 system has 3 separate preset pages for each source with 6 available programmable channels per page, but you can only scroll thru the presets on the selected preset page with the steering wheel controls... if you want scroll through the other preset channels, you have to reach up and manually touch the preset button on the Sync screen to change to the other preset pages with the other stored channels. Long story short, is there a way to have the steering wheel controls scroll through "all" the preset pages and channels for the selected source? sorry if i am missing something, but I think all 2017's longer have the M button on the steering wheel to do this.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Also, I listed this a question or on the Forscan forum but you guys might already know the answer... more of a pet pev, than an actual issue, but our Sync 3 system has 3 separate preset pages for each source with 6 available programmable channels per page, but you can only scroll thru the presets on the selected preset page with the steering wheel controls... if you want scroll through the other preset channels, you have to reach up and manually touch the preset button on the Sync screen to change to the other preset pages with the other stored channels. Long story short, is there a way to have the steering wheel controls scroll through "all" the preset pages and channels for the selected source? sorry if i am missing something, but I think all 2017's longer have the M button on the steering wheel to do this.

Actually, you can also use the media button on the head unit. Easier than the touch screen, but I have the same complaint. SO, you cycle through all 6 on the AM, FM or Sirius presets; hit the media button and the next 6 are brought up, cycle through them and hear either crap music, commercials or DJ’s who love to hear themselves talk; hit media button again, repeat. Etc.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The RAP allows you to change the length of time the radio stays on after the ignition is of. The factory setting is 20 min. I set it to the max 60 min.

I don't think you can change how the radio cycles through presets with Forscan.

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disabled the double honk
Added the global windows
Added secure idle

Exactly what I plan to do this week. good stuff.