Forget about 37’s on a 35 truck , Who is going to be the first to stuff 39‘s on a 37 truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I know is the gen2 was 0 to 60 in 10 days with 37s. First hand experience and vids on YouTube will show you that. I don't know what all they did to make the gen3 better but it was obviously significant.
All that’s been proven thus far is a factory retune and I believe a half point of additional compression. Those will translate into more TQ. Unless somebody has found other component changes to have taken place.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like Raptorconnection on Instagram posted a gen 3 on 39s today. Says it has a 3” collar upfront.

Question about these perch collars. Aren’t they just adding more preload to the spring, thus raising the ride height and reducing the down travel of the suspension? Aside from the stiffer ride, aren’t you losing performance as down travel is just as important as uptravel in suspension?

OP
OP
06z

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like Raptorconnection on Instagram posted a gen 3 on 39s today. Says it has a 3” collar upfront.

Question about these perch collars. Aren’t they just adding more preload to the spring, thus raising the ride height and reducing the down travel of the suspension? Aside from the stiffer ride, aren’t you losing performance as down travel is just as important as uptravel in suspension?

Yes you are correct. The front suspension will top out going over speed bumps and ride like s$$t. On my Gen 2 Scab, Fox 3.0’s cranked up and this is how it rides. When I go 39’s, McNeil +4’s, I will lower the front so it’s not so high the suspension will work much better than it is now. Looking at a mid travel kit too.