Ford Raptor Gen 3 Vid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElRaptor

Reaction score
can anyone explain why a baja truck needs lane keeping assist, trailer back up assist, collision stop and all that other useless tech stuff? huge waste of money....remove that junk and you can bring the price way down to a reasonable spot.....smart tech is for dumb drivers

That’s an option. 800a is the answer ;)

tomahawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just build a bare bones F-150 and dump all your money into mods if that's what you want. I for one enjoy the luxury features of my Raptor, for combined comfort on the highway, city, or trails.
i dont consider dumb technology "luxurious" trailer back up assist, lane keeping exist, collision warning.....no thanks thats just more shit to fix down the road and makes people dumber.....theres a reason they strip out all that tech crap when they race the baja 1000.....much easier to identify and fix a problem

ElRaptor

Reaction score
This is the best case scenario right? Keep the gen 2 folks happy with their trucks while offering new people a slightly refined version.

“Slightly refined”
LMAO!!

1” more travel front and rear.
5-link rear
Increased OEM power out of a 3rd Gen EB motor.
Improved Fox shocks in all corners
Etc etc.

it’ll without a doubt outrun and outperform our Gen2’s with the 5-link alone. IYKYK

ElRaptor

Reaction score
Why not just build a bare bones F-150 and dump all your money into mods if that's what you want. I for one enjoy the luxury features of my Raptor, for combined comfort on the highway, city, or trails.
Because a non-Raptor does not include the terrain management logic/modes, different reinforced frame, Raptor specific transfer case, front torsen, etc etc. LOL

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont consider dumb technology "luxurious" trailer back up assist, lane keeping exist, collision warning.....no thanks thats just more shit to fix down the road and makes people dumber.....theres a reason they strip out all that tech crap when they race the baja 1000.....much easier to identify and fix a problem
I sure hope you're not planning on winning the Baja 1000 in your Raptor.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because a non-Raptor does not include the terrain management logic/modes, different reinforced frame, Raptor specific transfer case, front torsen, etc etc. LOL
Hence the "dump all your money into mods" , not that terrain management is something "smart" drivers need. I'll ask BJ Baldwin how that works for him

ElRaptor

Reaction score
Hence the "dump all your money into mods" , not that terrain management is something "smart" drivers need. I'll ask BJ Baldwin how that works for him
You are not BJ and neither is anyone in this entire forum.

Nor are these trucks capable of handling and providing the mistake cushion that a trophy truck is.
As you were.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are not BJ and neither is anyone in this entire forum.

Nor are these trucks capable of handling and providing the mistake cushion that a trophy truck is.
As you were.
I guess my sarcasm was lost, sorry. My point is these trucks are money making machines for Ford because of the luxury items, towing assist, lane keep (neither of which I use), in combination with the offroad ability/exclusivity but people who have never owned a truck in their lives love that they can get all of that. The bare bones fire breathing offroad truck is not the target of 99% of buyers. Mass appeal is what they are after.

ElRaptor

Reaction score
I guess my sarcasm was lost, sorry. My point is these trucks are money making machines for Ford because of the luxury items, towing assist, lane keep (neither of which I use), in combination with the offroad ability/exclusivity but people who have never owned a truck in their lives love that they can get all of that. The bare bones fire breathing offroad truck is not the target of 99% of buyers. Mass appeal is what they are after.

agreed and agreed.
800a w/ front torsen is the answer.
Everything one needs, nothing one doesn’t.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If the truck is your DD the tech and plus interior features are enjoyable. Plus they help when you have to drive distance to go off roading.
I would have got massaging seats if available LOL