Ford Raptor Gen 3 Vid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming wireless CarPlay? How do I fix wireless CarPlay with Sync 4 if there's no cable to blame? LOL Wireless Carplay in my SQ8 is one of my favorite features, hope Ford does it well.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some nice tweaks and upgrades but my Gen2 SCAB isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Same here. The refinements in the cab, and the 37" tire option without mods are nice, but the change isn't big enough for me to bite, especially with the V6TT still in it. Screw the current Administration, I still want a gas powered V8 in my truck!!

Andres Braun

Reaction score
Disappointed that the R is a year out - makes me think they were a bit surprised late in the model design with the TRX rumors and release.

Other than the engine, sounds like a decent amount of tech upgrades with the similar features in the base 150. I see some upgrades in the active suspension. Interior additions look substantial.

Exterior is disappointing. GEN2 has a distinctive width and stance vs the base 150. This looks like a base 150 with add-on wheel arches. Looks more narrow than the GEN2, but I don't have the specs in front of me.

Overall, meh. Maybe the R will bring some life back.

The 3rd gen looks even wider to me
145620737_179825973476850_6617291986607765172_n.jpg

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe we're talking about different things--are you saying the Gen 3 truck itself is weak, or that this video is a weak way to introduce the new truck?
No the truck is fine. Obviously wish it had a V8 and center mount with a 4 link, but Fords way of releasing a vehicle like this is boring compared to other manufacturers.

tomahawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can anyone explain why a baja truck needs lane keeping assist, trailer back up assist, collision stop and all that other useless tech stuff? huge waste of money....remove that junk and you can bring the price way down to a reasonable spot.....smart tech is for dumb drivers

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
can anyone explain why a baja truck needs lane keeping assist, trailer back up assist, collision stop and all that other useless tech stuff? huge waste of money....remove that junk and you can bring the price way down to a reasonable spot.....smart tech is for dumb drivers

You mean the stuff that costs little to produce and sells for top dollar? I have no idea. :)

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just build a bare bones F-150 and dump all your money into mods if that's what you want. I for one enjoy the luxury features of my Raptor, for combined comfort on the highway, city, or trails.