Ford Pass App Died after only 2 months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lxg44

Reaction score
I lost some settings when I performed the power cycle. Worth it though. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does nothing if your truck is not connecting to Wi-Fi. I tried everything and the power cycle / battery terminal disconnnect was the only thing they worked.

Disconnected the negative cable from the battery this morning for about 30 minutes and the truck responded to the app immediately after reconnecting the battery. The only setting I have had to reconfigured is the MY Truck display in the gauge cluster. Radio and seat presets as well as most of the vehicle settings seem to have held. Even the R button held. Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Appears my truck is doing this same thing since I haven't been able to get it to remote start via the app for the last week or so. I have some alert in my Ford Pass app about Update Pending - Action Required.
Once you click it it talks about the update (4.2.1) and how to accept updates. I turned on automatic updates on the truck and it says no update available and my app appears to be up to date since nothing from the app store is showing up.
I'm guessing there is an update needed but since the truck isn't connected it doesn't know there is an update?

Just thought also this seemed to happen after my 30 day trial to ford connect (which I thought was just alexa commands) ended. Any correlation between the two?

Lxg44

Reaction score
Appears my truck is doing this same thing since I haven't been able to get it to remote start via the app for the last week or so. I have some alert in my Ford Pass app about Update Pending - Action Required.
Once you click it it talks about the update (4.2.1) and how to accept updates. I turned on automatic updates on the truck and it says no update available and my app appears to be up to date since nothing from the app store is showing up.
I'm guessing there is an update needed but since the truck isn't connected it doesn't know there is an update?

Just thought also this seemed to happen after my 30 day trial to ford connect (which I thought was just alexa commands) ended. Any correlation between the two?
Possible but mine stopped working after just 20 days. However it stopped almost immediately after updating to 4.2.1 so it may be triggered by that update. Have to see if others experience the same.

Reaction score
Possible but mine stopped working after just 20 days. However it stopped almost immediately after updating to 4.2.1 so it may be triggered by that update. Have to see if others experience the same.
Mine seemed to happen prior to that update so that would tell me the update itself isn't the culprit.

Lxg44

Reaction score
Mine seemed to happen prior to that update so that would tell me the update itself isn't the culprit.
Thinking maybe it tried to update but failed and locked up the modem as a result. OR one has nothing to do with the other. Anyway just disconnect the neg cable for a half hour or hour and should solve the issue for now.

OP
OP
NewRap4Me

NewRap4Me

Reaction score
Followed the advice of disconnecting the battery cable for 30-45 minutes and I’m back in business. Ford Pass App fired right up and was able to remote start. Lost NO settings. Many thanks to TomG who suggested this and to all that confirmed it was a fix. Glad this forum can offer up solid advice and would have been pissed if I went to the dealership, waited 4 hours and watched this as the fix.

Reaction score
Can say I did the unplug the negative terminal for 45 minutes and it solved the issue immediately upon firing up! Ford Pass updated as well. Only thing that was "off" was my TPMS wasn't showing pressure at first but an hour later I started the truck again and they resolved themselves.

northlaker

Reaction score
Many posts on this known issue for 23's. Easiest fix, if you have Forscan, just reset TCU and Wifi Module. You must reset both. you'll be back in business then. The plus about this, Ford is supposedly coming out with an OTA update, BUT you must have the connectivity to get it to work. The irony! This path will save you a trip to the dealer
Forscan newb here, which one is the Wifi module?