Ford extended warranty exclusions - anyone have personal experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, I pulled the trigger today and went with premium care 6/100. In case anyone comes upon this thread in future, I went with Zeigler Ford. I called them and they beat Flood Ford's price and were much nicer and friendlier. Name of the person I spoke with at Flood was "Gardiner" and he certainly did not earn my business - was a total jerk.
What did you have to pay?

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you need to find a new dealer service department.
This is my 10th vehicle from the same dealer. They take real good care of me, so I feel if they think it could be a problem, I'll trust that. I've gotten pretty used to folding the mirrors now, so probably won't bother with forscan. With the A/C cranking all of the time, the engine won't shut off anyway. If it becomes annoying the couple months it's cool out, I'll just put a jumper wire on the switch so it can't shut off.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is my 10th vehicle from the same dealer. They take real good care of me, so I feel if they think it could be a problem, I'll trust that. I've gotten pretty used to folding the mirrors now, so probably won't bother with forscan. With the A/C cranking all of the time, the engine won't shut off anyway. If it becomes annoying the couple months it's cool out, I'll just put a jumper wire on the switch so it can't shut off.

OK, cool. I was referring to the general "void your warranty" comment. A dealer has to prove your aftermarket changes caused the problem before denying a warranty claim. If your windows stop rolling up or your mirrors stop working, they would have a hard time proving an aftermarket tune or suspension lift caused the electrical problems. Now, if you make the Forscan auto folding mirror change and suddenly your mirrors stop working, then they have a valid reason to deny your claim. In that case, I would not consider my warranty voided, but I would know they were not going to fix my mirrors for free since it was most likely a direct cause of the change I made to my truck.

I am willing to take that risk and pay for things myself, if needed. :)

Hdscreens

Reaction score
Thinking about getting premium care or extra care for 6 years 125k miles with $100 or $200 deductible. Raptor bately has 7200k which is covered well within bumper to bumper but just spent 3 weeks in service for transfer case issue which shortly noticed a rattle down somewhere and now driver door won’t lock. If I buy extended warranty which provides a rental and I need service while still under the standard bumper to bumper warranty do I still have to pay $200 deductible just for using rental option?