Fluid Swap - new guy needs advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndrewUSMC

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to getting deep into vehicle maintenance (generally take my cars to dealership service centers and everything is fine). But now I care a lot more about my Raptor and want to do it right.

Reading the break-in service thread has convinced me to swap out my diff, transfer case and tranny fluids and upgrade my engine oil. Can someone who knows better than I do weigh in with what products to do this?

Also...I do not trust my local service centers to do this right...can someone direct me to a good place in San Diego/North County to get this done? While I'm at it I'm considering raising the front shocks to mid perch.

Much appreciated gents. This forum is awesome and I'm lookin forward to the advice.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Amsoil all the way. A lot of vendors on here sell it and should be able to give you a pretty good deal. Most of them are pretty easy to do yourself.... except the tranny fluid. The dealership has to pump it out with some special pump or some shit like that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Amsoil here also. Chris at freedom Motorsports can hook you up with fluids. As mentioned, they're all pretty simple except the tranny

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with Mobil 1 - fluids or filters. I've used Amsoil, too. Can't tell the difference except at the cash register.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd try Off Road Warehouse in San Diego for your fluid upgrades and mid perch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got Amsoil in my engine and both diffs. Did it all myself. Planning to have the stealership do my tranny using Amsoil fluids that I provide.

Last edited:

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going by your username, THANK YOU for your service! That being said, I can help with AMSOIL or Royal Purple if you decide to go that route. Let me know if you would like a shipped quote for any or all of your fluids.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't base my decision on a guy using the "one armed bandit" in his garage. That test is notoriously easy to fudge on results. I can take the same machine and make shampoo come out with better results then either Amsoil or RP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spc187