Fast boost and lag??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badjk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this morning I went to pull out of my neighborhood and accelerated quickly, boost went up to 20psi range but the truck didn’t boost. I let out and then eased on the throttle and everything seemed fine. Maybe I was on more pedal than I thought but it just seemed odd.

Current mods:
Cobb CAI
COBB FMIC
COBB OTS stage 2
Catch can

No check engine lights or weird sounds but just seemed odd that I didn’t feel anything. Hopefully the bypass valve was doing it’s job. Would an external BOV be a better option?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
were you up to operating temp, or still warming up ? maybe the truck was cutting power on you.

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does this leaving work after it’s been sitting for 6-7hrs. But only then. If it’s overnight, no problem.

If you continue in on the throttle it’ll do it until it shifts to 4th gear and then it’ll Kind of shift like it can’t figure out what it’s doing.

To me, it’s max boost and absolutely no power. With the way the transmission feels, to me it seems like it’s slipping.

I had ford look at it once and they couldn’t replicate, but this time I have a video of what it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

royCfus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t think I would be able to build any boost if a coupler came off?? It still registers boost under acceleration
Reason why I think that is when I installed my Full Race intercooler I had one of the coupler boots pop off a bit. I was able to build boost and drive normal but when I got on it the truck began to bog down and gear hunt... something like 4k rpm with 3/4 throttle. If I kept on the gas it popped a CEL but I was still able to keep driving.