Falken wildpeak at wearing fast!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6isntenough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long story short. I put 4 brand new falken wildpeak at tires (size lt325/65/18) on my truck at 37,399 miles and now have just a little over 43,000 miles on my truck and they are half worn out. They come new with 16/32nds and now they are at 8/32nds. I like that they are quiet and ride nice but they are wearing out super fast. I noticed they do not have a mileage warranty but i would expect to get atleast 20,000 miles on an all terrain tire. They have been rotated once and are wearing evenly but i cant believe how fast they are wearing out. Any suggestions what to do? Call and bitch?

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every single item on earth can never be 100% as promised. And even though they don't have a milage warranty, try calling Falcon and tell them that. 5-6k is redonkulous.

When I break softball bats that are out of warranty or electronics, I am always super nice to them and end up getting what I want. Most places wanna keep their customers happy and also most places know that flukes exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is your truck aligned and they should have a warentee on the miles they should not be wearing that fast even if your doing burnouts everyday. ive had mine for a while and the oldest tire which is the most worn at half way is over 15,000 miles in and thats not rotating or aligning as much as i should.

customtruckshop

LGE-CTS Motorsports
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you are riding at proper air pressure, have your truck in proper alignment, and as you said, get the tires rotated.

Find out the tread-life warranty on your tire, and if you feel as though the tires will not make it to that mark before they become unsafe, then yeah, contact Falken and they should give you some new ones, in theory.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Either this individual set has a problem or you're not properly maintaining them. Either way this is not the norm.

I have just under 14,000 miles on mine and they are in great shape. Of those miles roughly 3,000 are offroad and 1500 towing.

OP
OP
6isntenough

6isntenough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so I called falken tire and told them I have 5,600 miles on them and they are half worn out, they said they will pro rate them 50% I don't know exactly how much $$ that will be but it sounds like a good deal and I am glad they are doing something for me. I am replacing with the same tire but 35x12.50x18

customtruckshop

LGE-CTS Motorsports
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The manufacturer prorates the cost of the new tire based on the percentage of remaining tread on the old tire and the price of the replacement tire.

So it sound like you're getting 50% of a new set of tires. Not too shabby.