Factory Toneau Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

That is so weird. On my Window sticker it does say tonneau cover 495.00. Once this truck comes in, I am heading down there to actually see if it is on. If not, I am going to tell them to keep it and put one on myself. Thank you for the info.

Chris

Ah, I was hoping you were going to take pictures of it and give us a review....
I can still cancel it but would rather find out if it really is that bad or not. I got it at invoice pricing so it's only $422.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silly question, can you have a bed rug without the bed cover and will it stand up to the weather?

I do like the idea of the bed rug.

I don't have any snow but sure get lots of sun and rain here in Florida.

It makes since to cancel the factory spray in liner if I am going to add the bedbug anyway. I am just not sure how soon I will get around to adding the Undercover Flex cover.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

raptorchris14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, I was hoping you were going to take pictures of it and give us a review....
I can still cancel it but would rather find out if it really is that bad or not. I got it at invoice pricing so it's only $422.

If I can cancel I will. I like the BK F1 tonneau cover and hoping I can get that instead of factory. On a side note, I did call the SVT team and he tad me that usually it comes as a dealer installed item, if so, I am canceling that and going with the BAK. If not, I will take the pics for you and let you decide.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Silly question, can you have a bed rug without the bed cover and will it stand up to the weather?

I do like the idea of the bed rug.

I don't have any snow but sure get lots of sun and rain here in Florida.

It makes since to cancel the factory spray in liner if I am going to add the bedbug anyway. I am just not sure how soon I will get around to adding the Undercover Flex cover.

I am assuming you can as they are pretty much indestructible to weather. I would actually call them and ask that question, but from the one I had in my Platinum, I had the tonneau cover open quite a bit with no problems with the weather damaging it.

Black Lab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting on my Raptor to be built but have been shopping around for covers. I had a folding cover from Advantage, it sucked! It was on a '05 F250 never fit right & always let water in. Started asking around about the one Ford uses made by REV - supposedly, if Ford dealer installs it then the truck warranty covers it. But if you remove it from time to time you may run into a few leaks. I think the only way to really avoid leaks is to get a hard cover - single non-folding type. PAIN in the butt!!! If you don't mind the cargo getting a little wet I think a folding cover's more functional then the one piece.

I also heard that the only bad thing about the spray in liner is it's thin & chips/tears easy. I like the idea of doing it aftermarket, & getting a lifetime warranty on it.

Please keep me posted I'm curious to see how you make out.
I ordered both the spray-in liner & the cover. I'm thinking of changing my order.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just not sure how soon I will get around to adding the Undercover Flex cover.

The Flex is a great cover. Almost identical to the Bak F1, but with a number of small but important improvements. If you search around you'll see a number of the common problems with the bak, which have been addressed on the flex.

I wouldn't be that surprised if they changed it so tonneaus come from the factory though. It used to be spray-ins were dealer installed too, and there was a lot of inconsistency. Some dealers were doing linex, some rhino, some whatever bucket of goop was laying around. They now do them factory. It would make sense to homogenize the same way with covers. One thing to be aware of though, I have heard the factory spray in is only warrantied the length of the standard truck warranty, whereas something like Line-X is lifetime.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

If nobody that ordered the factory tonneau and spray-in is keeping it and cancels that part of the order then I will keep it on my order and report when it comes in how it is, I'll take one for the Team! I haven't gotten a build date or what not, so no idea when I might even get mine. The dealer said they had 20 Raptor's on order and I might be waiting on Allocation.

I realized when I ordered that factory might not be the best compared to some aftermarket but I went aftermarket on my current KR and not really happy. Granted I didn't go with Line-X but thought Tuxedo was going to be a decent brand. It's just money, right?

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the factory tonneau cover and spray-in liner with my '13. I thought I was getting the hard cover and didn't realize it was a soft cover until I laid eyes on it. I'll chalk that one up to just being excited when I ordered the Raptor and not paying attention to detail. If I could do it over again, I would not get the tonneau from the factory. The soft cover permits water to get in the bed at the tailgate because its not a good seal at the top of the tailgate. I can see the cover slightly flapping sometimes when I get up to 70 MPH so its definitely not as tight as I'd like.

I specifically requested Line-x spray-in liner from the dealership and they agreed to do it for the invoice pricing. They work closely with a local Line-x shop that did it with the lifetime warranty. Check with your dealer to see if they can do something like that.

Good luck.

D

Deleted member 12951

I contacted my dealer and this was his reply.

"It is a dealer installed accessory that comes from the factory and we put it on here."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

raptorchris14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I contacted my dealer and this was his reply.

"It is a dealer installed accessory that comes from the factory and we put it on here."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet, I hope I can cancel the order when the truck arrives here. I am sure they will let me cancel it if it is dealer installed. Thanks for the confirmation.