Factory bed cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ejlmoney

Reaction score
I have the factory one installed on my 2013. I took delivery on Friday, 12/14/2012.
It's ok.

The mechanism to lock it in place sucks and is a pain in the ass to use.
It is also a "tri-fold" soft top which wouldn't have been my first choice.
Luckily I don't retract it that often so it's not that bigf a deal. (I'd hate it if I have to roll it back frequently.)

On the truck I traded in, I had a Truxedo soft top on my last truck. It was a a great, easy to use top. If memory serves, it was around the same cost as this Ford OEM one.

I'll post photos tomorrow.

Last edited:

Sierra13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the factory one on mine and I really like it. I knew it was a soft tie-fold which was exactly what I wanted. The mechanism to hold it down I down think is that bad...90 degree turn of the handle releases tension and pull towards the inside of the cab to release from bed rails and ready to flip up. Also nice it has clips at the front to secure it if folded up while driving. All in all a nice piece I'm glad I got...that and I like OEM stuff that says FORD.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score

Vettster

Reaction score
Actually the new hard covers are made by Rev Industries, which I believe is the manufacturer of Bakflip products. The Ford OEM hard cover is a replica of the BakFlip HD tri-fold IIRC. I'm not familiar with the soft bed covers.

I think we are talking about different animals. My bed cover is a one piece.
Look at the photos in the link I posted.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
I think we are talking about different animals. My bed cover is a one piece.
Look at the photos in the link I posted.

Yes, that's why I brought it up. There's the one you have (which I don't believe is available from the factory anymore), and the newer one that I mentioned which is currently available. I assume the OP is asking about the current model hard cover, but correct me if I am wrong.