Exhaust upgrade question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matmanand4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 14 screw (RR club) and wanted to replace the exhaust. Looking at Ford Racing Sport. I assume the stock exhaust is heavier and more restrictive. What, if any, performance can I expect with this new exhaust.
(Weight and performance).

D

Deleted member 12951

I have the Ford Racing Touring. It is a little lighter due to being SS but then again it has two mufflers compared to one so it's probably a wash (I haven't personally weighed them). I wouldn't expect it to give you much of a performance increase, just sounds so much better. I believe the difference between the Touring and Sport is the Touring has a replacement resonator and the Sport has a straight pipe, deleting the resonator.

dirtydeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime you use a straight thru design versus the stock chambered design you will find around 3-10hp and about 10-20tq.

Have you considered using a Borla or a BAmuffler?

OP
OP
Matmanand4

Matmanand4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the FR sport at this time, may do a CAI to go along with this. Looks like two easy mods you can do in your garage and add a little to the badass sound.

HarleyGirl

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Looking at the FR sport at this time, may do a CAI to go along with this. Looks like two easy mods you can do in your garage and add a little to the badass sound.

Just wanted to mention: if you do one or the other, you are okay. If you do both, you will need a tune.

Last edited:

msayewich

Reaction score
I didn't tune mine. Did both the ROUSH CAI and cat back exhaust. Runs good. Exhaust is too loud.

Sent from my cellular device using this application thingy.

GutweinMCP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the sound the FRPP Sport gives the truck. We've done a Corsa Extreme for a few trucks and it wasn't nearly as loud or aggressive.

msayewich

Reaction score
I really like the sound the FRPP Sport gives the truck. We've done a Corsa Extreme for a few trucks and it wasn't nearly as loud or aggressive.

Does the FRPP have a drone at all? I noticed it comes with a muffler and resonator which leads me to believe it's probably quieter in the cabin than my previous ROUSH exhaust.

Sent from my cellular device using this application thingy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter