Edmunds Long-Term Test: 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not optimistic about their review but we'll see what transpires.

From the article...

Our man on the street found a Tuxedo Black Raptor without graphics, without nav and without any unnecessary fluff. Well, except for the bed step ($375 tailgate step), we could do without that. But otherwise, the options are solid: rearview camera, bed extender, trailer brake controller and, most importantly of all, the $3,000 6.2-liter V8.

Lots of Questions, Fewer Answers

So it took 411 hp and a Baja pre-runner-style body and suspension, but we've finally added a Ford F-150 to the Inside Line long-term test fleet. Certainly the sandy excursions will help, but is the 6.2-liter V8 enough to make up for the 6,000-pound curb weight? Is the novelty of all-terrain tires with deep grooves and aggressive nubs going to get old? Will the tires wear prematurely due to street driving? If so, when?

There are some answers with this truck. but there are just as many questions. For the next 12 months and 20,000 miles, we hope to answer as many as possible. Oh, and have a ton of fun ripping through, well, anywhere that our 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2 will fit.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
"Edmunds purchased this vehicle for the purposes of evaluation."

MWUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!! ya right...I suspect we see 20,000 before they have that thing 6 months. Good for them!!

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its all in the name of informing the maybe 15k possible customers over the Raptors entire production run. Lol. I hope Ford keeps building it but who does IL think they are kidding?

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a great point BT. I hadn't thought of that, but you're exactly right. Too funny!