Dumbest thing anyone's said about your Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It never occurred to me something might think I have a wannabe Raptor because I didn’t get the stickers or added plastic on the tailgate.

Well there you have it "Mr. Poser"!! JK, I too passed on the graphics but did get the tailgate applique...not a fan of that huge blue oval in center of tailgate nor the "F-150" stamped in the tailgate. Wish they wouldn't' have done that - we all know what were driving and starting to look like the Tundra know with stamped badging everywhere...their newest TRD Pro off road truck actually has the name STAMPED on the bed side right where the stickers (that you could easily remove) used to be...no removing that....

Oh, by the way you may know this but I found a guy on e-Bay who takes the original Ford Blue oval badge and paints it your body color and does a nice job. Only part is the chrome word "Ford" left in the middle of the badge - looks fantastic. I had him do both my front and rear on my 16 King Ranch and looked so much better than the blue standing out. Just a thought...

Apologies to the OP, straying all over the place :)

Last edited:

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, by the way you may know this but I found a guy on e-Bay who takes the original Ford Blue oval badge and paints it your body color and does a nice job. Only part is the chrome word "Ford" left in the middle of the badge - looks fantastic. I had him do both my front and rear on my 16 King Ranch and looked so much better than the blue standing out. Just a thought...

Custom Truck Solutions did mine. They are a little spendy but top notch and no chrome leftover
https://www.customtrucksolutions.com/apps/webstore/products/show/5638703

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we all know what were driving and starting to look like the Tundra know with stamped badging everywhere...their newest TRD Pro off road truck actually has the name STAMPED on the bed side right where the stickers (that you could easily remove) used to be...no removing that....
A buddy of mine has the non-pro edition, he took the stickers off because he didn't want to drive (his words) around in a ****. My son is a mechanic, used to work for Toyota, he said he was installing lift kits on 2wd Tundras every week.

But to get back OT...when someone looks at your truck and asks what is it just say it is the new Mustangtruck.

Last edited:

ASV731

Reaction score
Met a guy with a gen 1 that claimed his was better than that "new-fangled crap" V6.

He had a 5.4...

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
This happens at gas stations when I am filling up - young guys in early 20s ask me "Whats an old guy like you doing with a truck like that" I have it because I can afford it and paid cash.

They typically just give a surprised look and wonder off back to their vehicle.

Same thing happens to me except I'm 22 with a gen 1 and have a baby face so when people ask me is that your truck I simply respond with "nah it's my dads" and keep er moving along, I've been thinking of getting a daddy's money sticker on the rear window

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the laughs fellas and ladies, that made my night. Best one has to be the salesman line!!!