Dropping off tomorrow for mid perch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well after seeing everyone's awesome and level trucks I decided to hop on the perch band wagon. Never done work with a spring compressor so figured I'd let a shop take care of this if the price wasn't insane for the mod + alignment. Went to Trick Trucks & Cars Too in Edgewater, MD to get a quote and see about availability.

I went in wanting the top perch and hoping that it wouldn't be nose high. After talking to the guys at Trick Trucks & Cars Too they said they have done a couple perch mods on Raptors and highly supported doing a mid perch for a few reasons and in short convinced me to go with that. Quoted $300 for mod and alignment which I was happy with. So let's do it!

I attend the Naval Academy... so yea they only let us out on weekends which yea it blows. I graduate/ commission in May so at least I'm almost done. Anyways I drop the truck off tomorrow and I will be picking my baby up on Friday! Cannot wait to see how it looks. This will hold me over til I throw the Icons eventually.

I will make sure to take before and after pics for you all from a few angles so those interested in doing this mod can have a decent picture as to what the middle perch puts the truck at.

Can't wait. Will keep everyone posted.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well after seeing everyone's awesome and level trucks I decided to hop on the perch band wagon. Never done work with a spring compressor so figured I'd let a shop take care of this if the price wasn't insane for the mod + alignment. Went to Trick Trucks & Cars Too in Edgewater, MD to get a quote and see about availability.

I went in wanting the top perch and hoping that it wouldn't be nose high. After talking to the guys at Trick Trucks & Cars Too they said they have done a couple perch mods on Raptors and highly supported doing a mid perch for a few reasons and in short convinced me to go with that. Quoted $300 for mod and alignment which I was happy with. So let's do it!

I attend the Naval Academy... so yea they only let us out on weekends which yea it blows. I graduate/ commission in May so at least I'm almost done. Anyways I drop the truck off tomorrow and I will be picking my baby up on Friday! Cannot wait to see how it looks. This will hold me over til I throw the Icons eventually.

I will make sure to take before and after pics for you all from a few angles so those interested in doing this mod can have a decent picture as to what the middle perch puts the truck at.

Can't wait. Will keep everyone posted.

I am glad they were honest with you and talked you out of top perch! Mid perch is the way to go with Raptors. On top perch it puts the cv joints in near binding conditions and additional preload makes the front of the truck pogo going down the highway.

-Greg

OP
OP
Sliver Raptor

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am glad they were honest with you and talked you out of top perch! Mid perch is the way to go with Raptors. On top perch it puts the cv joints in near binding conditions and additional preload makes the front of the truck pogo going down the highway.

-Greg

Yea I had read about that on here so I was pretty hesitant on top but they really confirmed it and gave me some good info. I figure this is the best/safest way to go for my liking/taste. Really knowledgeable and experienced guys who aren't just trying to make a quick buck. I'd suggest them to anyone in the area.