Don't believe the dealer invoice price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee

Reaction score
They get additional money back from Ford if they hit a certain number of vehicles. It's true you can get a better deal at the end of the month because they are trying to hit a number and are willing to cut profit to make a deal.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And there are people out there who overpay. I remember talking to a couple that we're friends with. They had just bought a new minivan and she was chattering about the buying process. "We've got this guy at Toyota that we just love. We figure out what payment we can afford and then he helps us pick out a car." I bit my tongue so hard that it bled. These are late middle-aged college-educated adults with careers. Mind blowing. If that salesman doesn't send them cards and little gifts at every opportunity, he's an idiot.

Can I get the info on the Toyota guy? Sounds like a nice and easy buying process. Even if my $400/mo payment only brings me a 93' Corolla with a 7 year pay plan. No worries. Easy peasy.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This ^

My dealership added Nitrogen filled tires for $899. I didn't even bother to fight it, despite it's uselessness (dealer filled the tire to 50psi). These dealer added options are basically straight profit for them and an easy way to jack up the price.

Wo down there. Are you telling us you paid the $899 for the fairy air filled tires?

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wo down there. Are you telling us you paid the $899 for the fairy air filled tires?

It was already 'installed' on the truck so yes. Dealer wasn't going to 'remove' it. I made a stink and walked out at which point to sales manager followed me out and asked why I was leaving. Told him the price wasn't what I liked and he turned around and gave me the invoice price.

Completely unnecessary for 30% more N2. The dealership had it on every single Raptor on their lot...

pdaly419

Reaction score
This ^

My dealership added Nitrogen filled tires for $899. I didn't even bother to fight it, despite it's uselessness (dealer filled the tire to 50psi). These dealer added options are basically straight profit for them and an easy way to jack up the price.

The nitrogen filled tires are my favorite. Such easy profit for them

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make it up selling hats and coffee mugs.

LOL....we have a Toyota Dealership by us that actually has a Diner in it serving Breakfast and Lunch for all the suckers waiting for their cars to be serviced...and its food is NOT at Dealer Invoice..LOL...expensive...
Went in to see about Trading in my Tacoma on a new one and figured I'd at least get a free egg sandwich....NOT...then they lowballed me SOOOOO bad,I left Hungry,sold my Tacoma private and bought my Raptor....THANK YOU TOYOTA for not giving me that Breakfast.:)

Last edited:

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
6:21 mark for the Nitro tires no no.

If you can get a dealership to take it out or waive it I'll eat my hat!

Makes sense on a track car or a high end sports car that you're putting a ton of heat load into the tires and brakes.... Not on an off-road capable truck where you're routinely airing up or down and not even close to pushing high speeds.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL....we have a Toyota Dealership by us that actually has a Dinner in it serving Breakfast and Lunch for all the suckers waiting for their cars to be serviced...and its food is NOT at Dealer Invoice..LOL...expensive...
Went in to see about Trading in my Tacoma on a new one and figured I'd at least get a free egg sandwich....NOT...then they lowballed me SOOOOO bad,I left Hungry,sold my Tacoma private and bought my Raptor....THANK YOU TOYOTA for not giving me that Breakfast.:)

Now that's funny!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can get a dealership to take it out or waive it I'll eat my hat!

Makes sense on a track car or a high end sports car that you're putting a ton of heat load into the tires and brakes.... Not on an off-road capable truck where you're routinely airing up or down and not even close to pushing high speeds.

It probably costs the dealer a couple of bucks per tire. I'd red line it or walk away.