Disaster has struck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my raptor 12/21 and on friday a car pulled out in front of me on a dirt road. I swerved to miss them and ended up over correcting and slamming into a concrete fence post anchor that was sitting on the side of the road. I managed to pull the raptor hard enough to the right to keep from hitting head on, but still clipped the drivers side bumper. The drivers side front tire took all of the brunt and the anchor took a 3 inch gouge out the tire. managed to get the raptor on level ground and get the tire off. upon further inspection it seemed i just bent the tie rod. Once i had the spare on i saw the real damage, the tire was all the way back against the fender. needlessly to say, my 6 day old raptor is now at the collision center waiting on the final estimate. Im hoping its not a season ending injury

OP
OP
abrown

abrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what my wife and I have been saying, we are very thankful it wasnt worse. Im bummed because I love the Raptor, I have drooled over them since the first press release. but it will be fixed and the sun will shine once more. very thankful no one was hurt. I am actually thankful we were in the raptor, if we were in her King Ranch i believe it may been a different story. it would have ripped the bumper off the ranch and possibly rolled. the height and width of the raptor was a saver

OP
OP
abrown

abrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the other guy stop? I need more info so I can get a proper sitrep!

negative, kept on chugging down the road in the opposite direction. I was too worried about making sure my wife, and truck were both ok. Once I realized the F***er left i was super pissed, throwing rocks and making a mess. she video taped it and it definitely made me laugh while i waited on the hauler to get there

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man I am so sorry to hear this. I had some kid hit me in the rear doing about 60 around two days after I had purchased a new vehicle. It was tough to accept till the cop told me "if you had been in a small car I would be putting a sheet over you now". That certainly put things in perspective. As a side note, this same kid was killed about six months laster racing a bike on the interstate and no he did not have his license back yet.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear at least u are ok. Now u have a good excuse to put some bad ass aftermarket parts on! Jus so u know a bumper from Ford is about $1200 right around the price of an aftermarket.....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
negative, kept on chugging down the road in the opposite direction. I was too worried about making sure my wife, and truck were both ok. Once I realized the F***er left i was super pissed, throwing rocks and making a mess. she video taped it and it definitely made me laugh while i waited on the hauler to get there

Sorry about the truck, glad you and your family are ok. But, you HAVE to post the video, PLEASE!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc