GEN 2 Disable 10R80 adaptive learning with forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
downforce137

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score

i dont like the shifting after a couple hundred miles.. lots of sliding into gears where it shifts basically perfectly after a reset. theres lots of talks on f150 forums about this, but i didnt have the inclination to read a 200 page thread.. seems like it can be easily done with IDS but maybe forscan too..

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
i dont like the shifting after a couple hundred miles.. lots of sliding into gears where it shifts basically perfectly after a reset. theres lots of talks on f150 forums about this, but i didnt have the inclination to read a 200 page thread.. seems like it can be easily done with IDS but maybe forscan too..
I agree with you. My '18 shifted well after resetting the tranny. After a few months it would slide back to slamming into 5th much of the time and rpms rising 200 rpm between a certain shift, don't remember which one anymore.

It may be a thing where it was my particular driving style that it learned something funky. The '22 has not exhibited that it has learned any bad habits though, in 22k miles anyway.

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I agree with you. My '18 shifted well after resetting the tranny. After a few months it would slide back to slamming into 5th much of the time and rpms rising 200 rpm between a certain shift, don't remember which one anymore.

It may be a thing where it was my particular driving style that it learned something funky. The '22 has not exhibited that it has learned any bad habits though, in 22k miles anyway.
You can disable it through forscan now through the service functions page. I just reset my tables and turned it off. Time will tell how it performs now or if the rough shifting returns or not.

TheLatin77

Reaction score
Thru forscan. Latest update and be sure to buy an OBD that has HS/MS switch. That gives you the option to also disable the learning table, not just clear it. Also. Make sure to check your trans fluid. Make sure its filled up well and red clean.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You can disable it through forscan now through the service functions page. I just reset my tables and turned it off. Time will tell how it performs now or if the rough shifting returns or not.
So... it’s been a while, what are you thoughts on disabling the auto-learn?

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... it’s been a while, what are you thoughts on disabling the auto-learn?
The jerking while shifting from park to drive/reverse and the hard shifts haven't come back yet so I would say I believe it worked. For how easy it was to disable I would say worth it, but then again I don't have the software to actually read the tranny tables and see if it is in fact truly off. Al least the symptoms I was experiencing have not returned. For now.