Diamondback bed cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish center section was built so you could drop 4 bolts in it and be back to original setting. And the headache rack has a bar rite in the line of sight for rear view mirror. They could of done better. As well lock rods should have an eye in the end so that an actuator could be used to lock the lid. To work properly Ford needs to put a box under hood were you could grab a relay trigger wire for locks, high beam, low beam, etc..
That way box could be locked with truck. But still a good lid

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I wish center section was built so you could drop 4 bolts in it and be back to original setting. And the headache rack has a bar rite in the line of sight for rear view mirror. They could of done better. As well lock rods should have an eye in the end so that an actuator could be used to lock the lid. To work properly Ford needs to put a box under hood were you could grab a relay trigger wire for locks, high beam, low beam, etc..
That way box could be locked with truck. But still a good lid
You could just tap the auto lock wire from either the doors or tailgate. Add the actuators and your lid will lock with the doors.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got a headache rack for mine. Bars block rearview mirror. But, there was a lot of wind noise with back window open. With the head ache rack on the air patterns are changed and back window is quiet. Weird but good

christy

Reaction score
Got my HD and installed but had to do a lot adjusting the latch at the tailgate to get it to shut. I thought I would be able to open the tailgate with the lid closed. Is that not the case? Anyone know?

AGJR10

Reaction score
I’m able to open the tailgate without turning the latch but had to do some adjustments to the cover. The tailgate will not drop automatically you’ll have to give it a slight pull but you should be able to open and close it without unlatching the cover. I will say, I had originally over tightened the cover to the point where the tailgate would not open. I ended up moving the cover further forward (towards the cab) and loosening up the locking rods.

christy

Reaction score
AGJR10 - I really pulled down on the sides while hubby tightened the locking rods because instructions said to. So I was wondering if we over tightened and are stuck with it because the seal has molded to its position. Thanks for the reply. I will have to look at it again.

AGJR10

Reaction score
Christy

I did all of my adjustments within the first two days so didn't really have a problem with the seal molding. I would try it, for me personally not having the tailgate open with the cover on wasn't an option.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered an SE, decided I wont carry anything over 200-300 pounds up on top so why not save the weight and cost. Shipping is about a month out at May 24th. I chose the silver since the black attracts extra Texas heat, and my truck is silver.