Diamondback Bed Cover & CargoGlide- Detailed Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
There have been several discussions and multiple questions about both the Diamondback Bed Cover and the CargoGlide Load Management System. I hope I can answer some of them and others with knowledge of either can help out anyone on the forum looking for options.
I’ve had a CargoGlide in all 3 of my Raptors since 2010 and will NEVER be without one!
On my first 2010 I had a Bedslide. A very good product but IMHO the CargoGlide is superior in Quality and workmanship. If you have seen any of my posts/threads , you know that I spend a lot of time on the trail, running hard across the Desert or Crawling over big rocks. Both the Diamondback and the CargoGlide have held up flawlessly without any issues of any kind. Every month or so I will go through both of them and check the tightness of the nuts and bolts.
I’m somewhat OCD and like to have my Equipment/Gear organized and the CG makes that easy. It is self explanatory that the Greatest feature of the CG is allowing you access to your Equipment w/o killing yourself trying to crawl up/in or over your bed. I’m to old and Jacked-up to be Fning around with that nonsense. It keeps your gear in place and Not flying around in your bed when your out enjoying your Raptor at Starbucks. Make sure you get the one with the “Raised” walls around the CG. I also got the Divider which further allows you great organisation ability and the sliding I-bolts which provide tie down anchor points. I will list everything below. The first CG I got didn’t offer the Raised Walls, don’t get one without them trying to save a few bucks. It is a Mfing PIA when something falls behind the CG up against the cab.
Both of them are easy to install, if I can do it, ANYONE can do it. My local shop wanted $400 each to install W T F ?
The DIAMONDBACK SE - I have had my DB for 2yrs, 40k miles now on my Gen2. A fantastic Lid IMHO. The strength and security of the DB can’t be beat. All of the other lids I looked at 2yrs ago could be broken into with little effort and a screwdriver. You will see from the pictures below, the locking mechanism throws an aluminum rod 3/4“ under the lip of your bed on both sides. My friends bak-flip I can pry open with my hands ( but I workout a lot ) lol.
My SE will hold #400 on it. I have strapped down several large heavy items to it w/o any issue. NOTE- you will see several extra tie down cleats on mine that I ordered from them. It comes with either 4 or 6. You can set your Chairs/cot/tent on it and spend the night.
DB is a great company to deal with, if you have further questions or need help with one you bought just give them a shout.
I also bought their Deep bed toolbox from them, super strong and you can put a lot of stuff in it. I don’t use it any since it interferes with the CG. I also bought their Rack System to haul the Kayak’s and anything longer than 6’.
Did I say it was STRONG? Just look at the passenger side lip against the cab. I FORGOT (dumb azzz) that the Rack was on when I was out running a Trail. I go under a Cliff Overhang and hear this SCREEEECH. I stopped and said W T F ?? I thought I scraped the side of the Raptor on a rock I didn’t see. I can’t find anything…until 2 days later I was approaching the passenger side of it at the Starbucks and wow, why does that lip look bent? If that had been my Yakima rack it would have destroyed it. A couple more strips of weather stripping no worries..lol
TALL ITEMS- CG makes several different variations as to how the lid opens. All of them remove in minutes. You just disconnect the shocks, lift it to 90 degrees and slide it off. If you take off the 6” center strip that the halves connect to it takes a little more time with the C-clamps that hold it to the bed, but still not that much time. Just make sure you mark the center strip location with some tape so you don’t have to re-center the lid. 59A3333A-9E91-49F9-B191-856DB844F3E6.jpeg7B3C35EB-7F7C-4072-B758-5F6842BA0DC7.jpeg48B38064-E245-4F48-8F35-0C4DF7F29442.jpeg97ACD751-0BA9-4E7C-9068-A61263064CFE.jpeg355706C3-8A8B-4F03-B886-131F157C9BE8.jpeg
l have never had water get in the bed. Dust…I’m in the desert, it stops dust like your mask stopped the China Virus..lol
I hope this helps a little anyone looking for options.

CARGOGLIDE CG1000XL-6548
CARGOGLIDE CGCD 6-6”
CARGOGLIDE CGLTD-4 Outside Track Sliding Tie Down

Diamondback SE

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of weight you have back there between just the cover and the slide. I wanted something like the CG as well, but I just didn't like the additional weight you'd be carrying around all the time and the bed height that is lost from it. I am going to probably to to build something similiar that's simpler that's more low profile, even though it won't be as nice or work as well as the CG does.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
That's a lot of weight you have back there between just the cover and the slide. I wanted something like the CG as well, but I just didn't like the additional weight you'd be carrying around all the time and the bed height that is lost from it. I am going to probably to to build something similiar that's simpler that's more low profile, even though it won't be as nice or work as well as the CG does.
Good luck. I tried making a couple myself, didn’t work nearly as well. My other option was the drawer system. There are several good ones available.
I will probably end up with the Snug-Pro, no windows, the storage bins on both sides to keep my rescue / recovery gear.
To make a full extension one like the CG is very difficult, at least for me.