Deletes, Heated mirrors and heated steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I play that devil's advocate game all day at work! :)

Actually I think we agree on the "behavior", but are playing devil's advocate on the "why". Either way, I just think they could have handled it better. If your reasoning is right, I'd still have preferred a '22 produced 6 months ago and paid a little more when provided an honest explanation. That would be easier to stomach for me compared to waiting 11 months, $7,000 price increase, more missing features, a poor lack of communication, etc, etc, etc.
I totally agree. I also had a MY22 rollover...7k more, lost the heated wheel, and 10 months of waiting. Ohh, wait. We also have the fact that my 2018 Raptor is worth almost 15k less than when I ordered my truck AND interest rates are 3% or more higher.

I also agree that Ford's handling of the entire thing has been horrid. Virtually no updates of my 2022 order. My dealer told me in July that it wasn't picked up for MY22, not Ford. They delete options, extend waits, and just send generic emails. Holds without notice or explanation, no information from Ford customer service, and now shipping delays as well. No clarity through the whole situation. They know that people will buy the trucks and act that way.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. I also had a MY22 rollover...7k more, lost the heated wheel, and 10 months of waiting. Ohh, wait. We also have the fact that my 2018 Raptor is worth almost 15k less than when I ordered my truck AND interest rates are 3% or more higher.

I also agree that Ford's handling of the entire thing has been horrid. Virtually no updates of my 2022 order. My dealer told me in July that it wasn't picked up for MY22, not Ford. They delete options, extend waits, and just send generic emails. Holds without notice or explanation, no information from Ford customer service, and now shipping delays as well. No clarity through the whole situation. They know that people will buy the trucks and act that way.
I couldn't have said it better... My trade is worth way less now too. Ford completely screwed us. If this were anything but a Raptor, and if I didn't need to get out of my old truck, I would have given Ford a 1-finger salute a long time ago.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So every time this thread pops up I just get more and more pissed. I ordered my 23 37” in the beginning of September. Then the heated steering wheel thing comes up along with other things that have been removed along the way. The value of my 2017 gen 2 is going down, rates are getting worse and to be honest, I have no idea when I’m get my truck. Friends ask me when I’ll get it and I tell them some time end of next month and the end of next year… They just look at me funny at that point. If I didn’t absolutely love the Raptor, I would have bailed already. The only other vehicle on my radar at the moment is a BMW M5, and they are about to do a model refresh to a new gen for 2024 (late 2023 release) of a Plug in electric/V8 at 750HP. If that was available now, I would pull the plug on the Raptor and go with that. Ford Better get their shit together before I jump ship.

Attachments

• 027921B1-C521-49A5-831C-9E1D2EA1B584.jpeg
    027921B1-C521-49A5-831C-9E1D2EA1B584.jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 8

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So every time this thread pops up I just get more and more pissed. I ordered my 23 37” in the beginning of September. Then the heated steering wheel thing comes up along with other things that have been removed along the way. The value of my 2017 gen 2 is going down, rates are getting worse and to be honest, I have no idea when I’m get my truck. Friends ask me when I’ll get it and I tell them some time end of next month and the end of next year… They just look at me funny at that point. If I didn’t absolutely love the Raptor, I would have bailed already. The only other vehicle on my radar at the moment is a BMW M5, and they are about to do a model refresh to a new gen for 2024 (late 2023 release) of a Plug in electric/V8 at 750HP. If that was available now, I would pull the plug on the Raptor and go with that. Ford Better get their shit together before I jump ship.
Sorry man, wasn't trying to ruin anyone's Monday. I feel the same way though. If it were anything besides a Raptor, I would have walked a LONG time ago. If my truck doesn't show up pretty soon, I'll jump ship too. I want the Raptor, but would be plenty happy too with a Ram 2500HD Rebel (new this year) or a Chevy 2500HD truck. The more time that passes, the more Ford's competitors are releasing new and exciting options (with a heated steering wheel).

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I confirmed for myself today that the heated steering wheel is deleted. Test drove a customer cancellation. No heated steering wheel. Dealer had no clue it was being deleted.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I confirmed for myself today that the heated steering wheel is deleted. Test drove a customer cancellation. No heated steering wheel. Dealer had no clue it was being deleted.
Did the test drive end in your driveway? Lol Was this the Agate truck you mentioned earlier?

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the test drive end in your driveway? Lol Was this the Agate truck you mentioned earlier?
Haha yeah same truck. I might be picking it up today. Dealer is seeing what he can do on the numbers. He wants $5k ADM but I have an Avalanche on order with him. If my Avalanche comes in I'm trading this thing in for it. I want to insulate some risk of him gouging me on the trade in. Need some reassurance in writing. We'll see

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to turn this into a "TRX vs Raptor" thread, but thought I'd share something I learned late last night while frustrated with Ford.

In late 2021, I priced out a TRX and it was $87,350. The same configuration was $93,090 in February of 2022 (when I placed the order for my '22 Raptor). Today the TRX is $99,910. When talking to my dealer, I was told there were no features missing from the TRX.

I ordered a '22 Raptor Feb 1. The price was $78,240, and then Ford announced a $1395 discount for excluding blue cruise (Truck price was supposed to be $76,845 then). Similarly configured my new '23 Raptor order would be $83,570, although I ended up deleting 2 options to save some money.

I guess I decided to share this out of my curiosity. It looks like both trucks have gone up $6,500 - $7,000 since February 1, 2022. I think prices are going up with no end in sight. That being said, how a manufacturer acts and communicates matters. Based on my experience, Ford needs to improve their customer experience. I'd pay an extra $500 on top of a $80k truck to keep the heated steering wheel, or the security system, or the interior HVAC knobs, or the trim panel colors, or the partitioned fold flat storage, the .....

OP
OP
X

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to turn this into a "TRX vs Raptor" thread, but thought I'd share something I learned late last night while frustrated with Ford.

In late 2021, I priced out a TRX and it was $87,350. The same configuration was $93,090 in February of 2022 (when I placed the order for my '22 Raptor). Today the TRX is $99,910. When talking to my dealer, I was told there were no features missing from the TRX.

I ordered a '22 Raptor Feb 1. The price was $78,240, and then Ford announced a $1395 discount for excluding blue cruise (Truck price was supposed to be $76,845 then). Similarly configured my new '23 Raptor order would be $83,570, although I ended up deleting 2 options to save some money.

I guess I decided to share this out of my curiosity. It looks like both trucks have gone up $6,500 - $7,000 since February 1, 2022. I think prices are going up with no end in sight. That being said, how a manufacturer acts and communicates matters. Based on my experience, Ford needs to improve their customer experience. I'd pay an extra $500 on top of a $80k truck to keep the heated steering wheel, or the security system, or the interior HVAC knobs, or the trim panel colors, or the partitioned fold flat storage, the .....
it’s pretty obvious that Fords supply chain and sourcing groups are letting the company and customers down, layer in mediocre QA. The vehicle was engineered and intended to have these features. Whether it was an over reliance on Just-in-time, too heavy handed use of volume leverage to drive down costs with no protections for a shortage scenario, or just plain bad choice of supplier they are equally screwed.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took delivery of our new truck today and had to sign a sheet acknowledging that the auto start/stop and heated steering wheel were missing, it's not a mistake and there will be no retrofit later.