dealer fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow man that is bad, good luck getting resolved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Wfo

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shit situation, but the reality is you really should have known better than to take your truck to a dealer for this type of work. If you need to get work done that isn't in a service manual and beyond the scope of your warranty, there's no reason to visit the dealer service station. This type of job is best left to professionals who specialize in that sort of thing.
I know! I know!

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
absolutely horrible!

I would be posting that dealer's name all over the place

OP
OP
Wfo

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shit situation, but the reality is you really should have known better than to take your truck to a dealer for this type of work. If you need to get work done that isn't in a service manual and beyond the scope of your warranty, there's no reason to visit the dealer service station. This type of job is best left to professionals who specialize in that sort of thing.
You are 100% correct!!!! I really regret this!!! First time I’ve ever had a dealer do anything other than warranty work. I do all of my own work otherwise.

OP
OP
Wfo

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
absolutely horrible!

I would be posting that dealer's name all over the place
I want to see how this pans out before I do any name dropping. I have been more than reasonable and calm, that could be coming to an end soon!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am normally one of the folks on boards like this who think people tend to over react. But after seeing those pictures. I think the dealer needs to make good with you on a hell of a trade in, and sale into a new truck. Then it would be someone else problem, but with a used truck.

That situation would sting me for years and I would never feel the same way about the truck again.

The over spray on the doors.....ok...sloppy, but it happens......same with the shocks......sloppy....but it happens. The part that is a deliberate fail and just a clueless tech, is spraying the front control arms and skid plates. WTF.

At the bare minimum, they should have taken a pressure washer and gotten salt and mud off the bottom.

Good luck OP. Sorry.

OP
OP
Wfo

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am normally one of the folks on boards like this who think people tend to over react. But after seeing those pictures. I think the dealer needs to make good with you on a hell of a trade in, and sale into a new truck. Then it would be someone else problem, but with a used truck.

That situation would sting me for years and I would never feel the same way about the truck again.

The over spray on the doors.....ok...sloppy, but it happens......same with the shocks......sloppy....but it happens. The part that is a deliberate fail and just a clueless tech, is spraying the front control arms and skid plates. WTF.

At the bare minimum, they should have taken a pressure washer and gotten salt and mud off the bottom.

Good luck OP. Sorry.
Spraying it over the salt and saying it was just a mistake is burning me!!!!!!!The truck had around 600 miles when this started now It has 1100 miles. You are right I don’t want the truck and I’ve ordered deavers, SVC bumpstops, SVC baja bumper/ intercooler among other things prior to this shit going down.

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i know what i would do,call an attorney ASAP and have them either replace the truck or replace every part that they screwed up.
That is unbelievable that they did all that.

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed. a simple letter from an attorney will go much further than all the calls in the world. granted, a simple call from you should get it sorted, but unfortunately, its deny all claims unless pushed.