Curt Gowdy State Park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as said...im off to curt gowdy state park this sunday! should be a blast...so i honestly cant wait to rip!

I modded a nice video camera mount on the passenger side...so i should be able to film most of the runs in high definition...and should be able to upload it to youtube so i can hopefully share a great experience.

these are tight bumpy ATV type trails...nothing too high speed, probably mostly around 40 MPH max...all the snow is gone, but there are still wash outs...so there will be times when it will get pretty muddy.

a friend with his Jeep rubicon, and another with his chevy, turbo diesel lifted to all hell...looks dumb to me, but jus saying lol

should be a blast, i will post pics and flics when i get back! :thumbsup:

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:cool: Looks like a good time! Have fun, be safe but let 'er RIP! Make sure you get a picture of you pulling the other two out of the mud hole!

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! funny you said that, as i had to pull out 1 Quad, 1 Truck, and 1 Jeep! Lmao

Today was EPIC!!! i swear, this place is gorgeous! i have been to a ton of places around the USA...and this is in my top 5.

we drove all around, tight, fast and narrow, with a ton of Mud holes...i even went through some deep water...and i will say this...This truck, in offroad mode with all switches off, in 4WD high...out****ingstanding.

I didnt get stuck not once the entire outing...I took a ton of pics and a few movies, will post when i get them all loaded in youtube and so on. All this time i was driving 3 hours to places...meanwhile this place is just 30 minutes from my house! unreal...we were all blown away lol

My bud with his Rubicon fully admitted that his Jeep could not do what my truck did today. I had a ton of people compliment the truck and a few even asked if it is really cracked up to what everybody makes it to be...A good friend of min egoes "hes out here pulling you out isnt he?" LMAO Hes a huge Ford Fan, builds mustangs from the ground up...and he kept on telling me i better not let him down with this truck lol

sure nuff, this thing did awesome, this was probably the best outing i had in years. But i will post more info and pics and so on today.

:)

forgot to add..i went to a similar place around Feb timeframe..and i was not impressed with these tires in the snow..Now in Dried out loose conditions with a few water holes and mud holes, these tires are great (which makes sense as its similar to the baja type of conditions). truck did great...makes me feel a lot better about it...people are missing out big time by just keeping it on concrete

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool vid man! Keep 'em coming... We (Wife & I) can't wait to go to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in three weeks! I'm gonna jump 'er, that's a fact. I have a picture frame all ready in my cube at work. We're stoked to the max and can't wait! I'll check back to see your other vids dude!

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL right on man...yea, i have been to the sand dunes in CO, its OK....but it wasnt in my top 5 places to go to with a raptor for me.

What i totally liked about this place was the quartz mining fields...it was killer, we took some home with us considering "its government property" so since we all work for the government, we figured it will be kept safe at our facility LOL

uploading pics now..which were epic.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are the rides:

1p.jpg

5p.jpg

6p.jpg

here are some of the pics of the scenery...i wish i had a better camera, these pics dont do it justice!

10p.jpg

12p.jpg

17p.jpg

here is the mud/water bed i went through...insane is all i gatta say LOL, truck swept right through...didnt touch anything, offroad mode did awesome as is..

8p.jpg

11p.jpg

16p.jpg

here is an old fort they built during WWII timeframe...i have no idea why it was built...but interesting none the less...

13p.jpg

here are pics of the quartz mining fields we drove through...was cool as all hell driving through it!

18p.jpg

19p.jpg

pics of the truck and more scenery:

20p.jpg

22p.jpg

23p.jpg