Creatures of the Night: Post Run Report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Okay Rick, I got to ask, which one did you fail to follow? The "Sane" or the "Sober" part?

BTW-are you going to rebuild that "Beast"?

Can I answer this one ?

Rick has decided to really learn to how to be a safe and fast off road driver. The last two runs Rick has stayed away from drinking till AFTER the run. He makes sure to try to get the best sleep before a run to be at the top of his game. I would not be sitting next to him if he was Not fit to drive. He/we are learning what the truck is capable of and getting used to driving on constantly changing surface terrain. I'll quote Scott Steinberger of PCI race radios, "It's like driving on ice" Rick was not being wild or crazy driving just stepping up his game, striving to be better and go faster. We could play it safe and stay back at the hotel but we choose to take on a challenge. This situation was just a slight miscalculation. Driving off road is tough, learning to drive with an EXTRA wide long travel front and rear suspension makes it even harder.

As for "needing a cage" it's not necessary. It does add protection, but on a Outlaw Raptor run YOU run YOUR pace. You only drive the speed YOU feel safe driving.

Raptor Expeditions is a great group of friendly people that enjoy getting out in the dirt to have fun. I recommend trying it

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree... But we want to make sure that people don't think they need a cage to participate in these runs, unless they're pushing the limit like Rick, and trying to keep up with Connor! LOL

We have some customers that cruise at a very comfortable and reasonable pace, just enjoying the experience! People are never pushed to drive any faster than they choose.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree... But we want to make sure that people don't think they need a cage to participate in these runs, unless they're pushing the limit like Rick, and trying to keep up with Connor! LOL

We have some customers that cruise at a very comfortable and reasonable pace, just enjoying the experience! People are never pushed to drive any faster than they choose.

I'm sorry if my comments came off, as a roll cage is required for RE runs. I did not intend for it to sound that way. FOR ME it would be a requirement, because I would be trying (emphasis on trying) to keep up with Conner and Rick. Plus the wife would be calmer, which always is a good thing. After TRR being hit in the ribs several times because of my speed (45mph of course) and not slowing down for the jumps..

-Greg

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay Rick, I got to ask, which one did you fail to follow? The "Sane" or the "Sober" part?

BTW-are you going to rebuild that "Beast"?

Neither. I was sane and sober. I simply screwed up. There was no adrenaline pumping. No pack mentality of "must go faster" or anything like that. As Scott pointed out. I quit getting loaded on our Saturday layovers. Limiting myself to 1-2 drinks. In short, I use the runs as a training exercises pushing myself and the truck further each time. I have all intention of racing once I feel my driving abilities are up to par to be competitive. The next 6 months will tell if I go baja racing next year or go NASA AIX. Both require more seat time for me.

The Beast: It will be fixed.

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Neither. I was sane and sober. I simply screwed up. There was no adrenaline pumping. No pack mentality of "must go faster" or anything like that. As Scott pointed out. I quit getting loaded on our Saturday layovers. Limiting myself to 1-2 drinks. In short, I use the runs as a training exercises. I have all intention of racing once I feel my driving abilities are up to par to be competitive. The next 6 months will tell if I go baja racing next year or go NASA AIX. Both require more seat time for me.

The Beast: It will be fixed.

If you go to baja, I will be chase/support/whatever..

-Greg