Creaking noise from interior door handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've noticed that that the plasticy door handles are prone to creaking. Perhaps it's just me, but my knee tends to naturally rest against the handle, and it will squeak/creak every time the weight against it shifts. It's not a major problem but gets annoying if the radio isn't up loud covering the noise. I have notice that it seems to be an issue on the passenger side as well.

Anybody else notice this? Any solution?

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, when I rest my knee against it, it creaks. It's annoying, but I just move my knee. :D

OP
OP
melvimbe

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would put it where the plastic pieces come together. Worked great on my 4runner and I'm gonna do it to the Raptor. Just spent 11 hours straight in the Raptor with my knee doing the same thing. Drove my crazy

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot.

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention this. It’s happened to mine since taking it off the lot, and was just wondering the other day how to get it to stop. Seems to be drivers side makes the noise and not passengers. I’ll try the lube and also take it apart and re-secure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter