Considering installing Ravelco... Does anyone have any experience with their product?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Ravelco on on my 2011 F-350 Super Duty. I live in Houston and the Ford Super Duty truck is #1 for stolen vehicles there. It was expensive but it did save my truck. I was at the Houston Rodeo at a concert and they must have scanned my factory system and opened the door. I say this because there were no dents or damage under the door lock like there was on my 2007 F-250 that was stolen 2 years ago. The guys from Ravelco came to my work and installed it in about two hours. At that time, I paid 500 bucks but it was worth it. My last 2007 F-250 had the top of the line Viper Alarm system from Best Buy. The people at Best Buy told me that the Viper was the best alarm and also had an anti scan feature. This of course was all baloney because my truck was taken three days after I had the alarm installed. Luckily it was found the next day in Laredo with no seats. Also, I will be getting another Ravelco as soon as my new Raptor arrives. Hope this helps.

That is helpful, thank you!

....and welcome to FRF. Let us know how we can help with any Raptor questions you have

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHY ALBUQUERQUE?
Is that just the closest place?

Yeah, I live in El Paso and surprisingly there are no Ravelco dealers we've found here. Plus my buddy Brochacho cut a mean deal with the guy in ABQ to do both of our Raps.

I could drive an extra hour+ and go to one in PHX, but would rather opt for a shorter drive and better deal.

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an RX7 in college that came with this installed and, like Iron' said, it was a little cheesy on the key ring attachment. That being said, I frequently park my truck at remote trailheads, near concert venues and in a downtown/metro area so I am considering going with this again as the Raptor does attract alot of attention. Just seem like there is a way around alarm systems where this is bullet proof.

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally don't have any experience with the Ravelco product. However, I do have a business partner in Houston who swears by them. He is a real estate developer/contractor and has them on all his trucks and equipment plus his personal cars. And when I say "personal" cars, I'm talking about a small warehouse of daily drivers and exotics.