Concealed Carry console mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my XD 40 on my person where I always carried, about lower back offset to the right so I can draw it quickly as I am right hand dominant. I always thought this was an OK place to have it while driving because I could reach it as I would be taking off my seat belt in a car jacking situation.
In this instance I just mashed on the skinny peddle on the right and took myself out of the situation as quickly as possible. After reflecting on the situation I regretted having it on my person and not between the seat and center console where it would have been quicker and easier to access. In that very situation leaving was probably the best option, not that I wouldn't mind adding a CONUS notch to my belt. I also too now have a truck piece and a person piece. That way a larger caliber full sized say 1911 kept between the seat and console can be kept to shoot a would be carjacker in the face and while keeping your smaller piece on your person for when you get out and run into the grocery store.

R4P70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Versatile Mount

I like the under the steering wheel mount for drawing, but I like the inside console mount for its combination of drawing and security. I had a custom holster made that is detachable from the console mount. Basically the holster has a belt clip, and a belt is secured with snaps to the console mount so it can be removed and clipped to my belt if I want to take my gun with me. Im carrying a .45 Para Ordinance.

I have to give Kelly Dorst at kelskustomkydexholsters.com a plug for doing a great job. It it a versatile mount that looks great. Thanks Kelly!

Attachments

• gun5.JPG
    gun5.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 609
  • gun4.JPG
    gun4.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 608
  • gun2.JPG
    gun2.JPG
    6 KB · Views: 604
  • gun6.JPG
    gun6.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 608
  • gun.JPG
    gun.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 612

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dad just picked me up a new Springfield XDs .45 (traded in the ex's engagement ring for it!!!)

I like the under the dash mount but the xds is small enough to keep on my backside.

I like your idea though Mike, big gun under the dash, small gun on me. Now if only I can get to Arizona next year, everything will be peachy!

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only problem with most of these is that they are not concealed. You have to be really careful with these. Between the console and seat work, just have a towel handy to throw over it if you happen to get pulled over.

R4P70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To CAbimmer - what is the problem with them not being concealed as far as the police are concerned?

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually either carry my Sig P238 in my pocket or a Kimber Super Ultra Carry HD IWB as my personal gun and that will never leave my body. The truck gun is a dedicated gun that will stay with the vehicle almost like an accessory. In the past I have always done an offset under the dash mount on the right side of the steering wheel in the general direction as if turning the truck off but actually grabbing the pistol. I think in the Raptor I will either do the same or the side of the console. Of course I have to get back to the states first, but I have a Sig P229 Elite in the safe waiting for the Raptor. The side note here is everyone check with your state laws to see what you can and cannot do! Two rules I learned early when it comes to self defense shooting: 1. Never pull a gun unless you intend on shooting it, and 2. Never shoot something unless you plan on killing it. I personally have used my guns both in combat and in the states and you will never know how you will react until something happens. The best laid plan is just a guess in a party dress when the bullets start flying.

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To CAbimmer - what is the problem with them not being concealed as far as the police are concerned?

If you have a permit to carry concealed, it has to stay concealed. If anyone can see it you can be arrested.

R4P70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CAbimmer - unless your state has some seriously screwed up unconstitutional laws on the books, what you have stated is not correct.

Every citizen has a universal right to openly carry a weapon granted by the constitution, with some exclusions such as federal buildings, cout houses, jails etc. A concealed weapon permit grants the bearer the additional right of carrying their weapon concealed.

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have the right to own a firearm, you do not have the right to open carry. You open carry in TX you will find yourself in jail in about 2 seconds.

Cruisin67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The right to open carry is governed by the state. Some states you can, some you can't.

Blanket statements do not apply, since even in states where open carry is allowed, there are regulations specifying where you may or may not carry, whether open or concealed.