Code orange color, Non-Metallic or Metallic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed that in many pix it does look red.
The truck I saw in the pix or video (can't recall) gave off a gold glow in the corners.
This indicates to me that it is a pearl.

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The walk around on youtube is changing my mind about CO. I don't see any metallic in the color, it looks red to me. Also the youtube video from the guy in the axle shop called it bright red before much was revealed from Ford. This angle looks completely different from the TMX pictures.

View attachment 212576
I was all in til I saw the velocity blue. It is a Beast.

DoKnowHarm

Reaction score
As some who have seen it in person have said it seems to have a color shift with it being more red in low light and more yellow (or orange) in higher light. The axle shop video demonstrates this.

Curious about your test strip as it looks completely different from the official Ford color guide which looks like a "fire orange". Have you placed your test strip on the official color guide?

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some who have seen it in person have said it seems to have a color shift with it being more red in low light and more yellow (or orange) in higher light. The axle shop video demonstrates this.

Curious about your test strip as it looks completely different from the official Ford color guide which looks like a "fire orange". Have you placed your test strip on the official color guide?
Do you have a link to the video your mentioning I can't find it, sorry.

DoKnowHarm

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the video your mentioning I can't find it, sorry.

At 1:52 is when the Code Orange is viewed. At first it appears very red and the narrator/ cameraman even calls it a red color. 5 seconds later it looks as orange as the test panel from Jcc6600. On my PC it appears more yellow/ orange than my iPhone so I figured an issue with displays but interesting he calls it a red color and there is definitely a shift within the video that may be secondary to lighting.

Last edited: