GEN 2 Cobb Stage 2 Tune While Under Warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

lordsimon

Reaction score
What my suggestion is to buy a Roush CAI (Because its considered a ford part) and a stock location aftermarket IC, i went with whipple. And then buy the cobb accessport. You will still see a tremendous increase in HP and Torq and will have a much easier time getting your local dealer to warranty issues. Also i would recommend removing the tune prior to taking it in for warranty work but that is obvious.

Thank you I appreciate it.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not that it's a Ford thing, it's a dealership thing. Either they are cool with basic stuff or they aren't and that's just based on who you happen to deal with. As for the tuned truck, the dealership will never know unless they are specifically looking for it and you would need to be going in with an engine related issue in the 1st place. If that's the case you just put your stock map back on before going in. That's the nice thing about the Cobb AP as it makes switching maps very quick and easy.
This is not accurate info, they will known the ecu has been cracked even if you switch back to the stock map

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I can find a shop that can hide the Cobb IC I can be ok?

Well you cant really hide any of the FMIC. By relocating the intercooler its pretty obvious to any Ford technician or mechanic familiar with Ecoboost set up. The CVF is a direct bolt on swap with factory IC without any relocation or modifications to truck. If you look up the CVF thread there is tons of info.

If your dead set on the cobb FMIC that's cool. Its a great set up. But the modification will be obvious.

I was looking at the cobb myself bc the warranty wasnt too much of a concern. I just didn't have a shop I trusted to do the modifications and cutting. In the end, the CVF saved me a bunch of money! Which paid for the AMS boost tubes and still left a little in my pocket.

Plus, after contacting CVF they really sold me on their IC. The difference in power gains from a FMIC vs CVF are minimal. The only upside I see to FMIC is for people running their trucks really hard or in very hot climates as they prob do help a little more with heat soak. But the core size on the CVF is much greater than the stock IC. So it's a HUGE improvement over stock and for me, there was little to no incentive to go through the hassle of the FMIC. The CVF served the purpose, was an easy install, and did exactly as advertised.

Last edited:

Gaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you tune with a Cobb AP, it resets your key cycles. When you uninstall your AP, it resets the key cycles. Typically if you need to go into the dealership cycle the
Key a Bunch of times with it uninstalled and then
It doesn’t look as strange. Shouldn’t leave a trace on the ECU OR TCM, but even if it did with laws now
They would have to prove that the access port was the cause of failure in the part that failed.

Ash Keshavarz

Reaction score
When you tune with a Cobb AP, it resets your key cycles. When you uninstall your AP, it resets the key cycles. Typically if you need to go into the dealership cycle the
Key a Bunch of times with it uninstalled and then
It doesn’t look as strange. Shouldn’t leave a trace on the ECU OR TCM, but even if it did with laws now
They would have to prove that the access port was the cause of failure in the part that failed.

When you say cycle the key a bunch of times, do you mean turning the car on and off a bunch of times or just turning the car to the on position a bunch of times without starting?

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited: