Check 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bahrain88009

Reaction score
I was stuck in the sand today and had to use 4H with Diff lock to get out, but without any use cause my car was stuck in the middle only the tyres started rolling freely. After being pulled out my 4 wheel started making cracking noises and I felt like there are stones inside the front axle. Once I switched off the 4x4 and back on it wouldnt work at all and I would get a check 4x4 message.

What have I possibly bust up ???

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a vacuum leak in hubs.. Check the lines on the front axle first.. Then with the truck off, raise the front.. If you can turn the wheel the teeth are complete stripped and needs to be replaced.

If you have a vac pump with gauge you can pull the line off one side and pull a vacuum on it.. Then and only then the locking ring should retract and the wheel will spin.. If you can not pull a vacuum or it leaks down then that hub needs replaced.

If both hubs check out and lines are okay. Then it is one of two things the IWE solenoid is bad or transfer case shift module is bad..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc