Changed my steering wheel and now cruise control doesn't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spike Spiegel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 18' and I changed out to a carbon fiber steering wheel built on a newer steering wheel and now the cruise control doesn't work. All of the other buttons work. The new wheel has "raptor" on the bottom and my old wheel didn't.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know when I was looking at replacing mine with a modern new one, there was different options and different wiring parts you needed to accommodate the replacement. That's why I opted out, but you should check with whoever you bought yours from.

Rau Racing Wheels

The Future of Custom Steering Wheels
Reaction score
Spike -
Normally, when we modify a steering wheel for a customer, (our wheel) we send the wheel without the switches, paddles & of course the airbag, so that the original controls stay with the vehicle.
However, since you purchased the new wheel, we left it as it was.
Unfortunately, you will have to remove the airbag, but then it's easy to remove the fascia & switches and swap with your originals.

My apologies for not thinking of that.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just swap out your old wheel's controls to the new one.
I upgraded the steering wheel in my GT350 and had to take the controls out od the original.
Simple fix.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
guess this happened to me... just so happens i got rid of my old wheel already with all the old controls on it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter