Carbon Fiber hood vents and fender vents - Anderson vs C7 vs APR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad_hartpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BB32601D-9B7B-406E-8F4F-BB05DEE6B43F.jpeg A59704C8-E890-47A5-B71C-E1EAF692D9CC.jpeg I researched for quite some time before dropping the hammer on APR. I purchased their hood and fender vents. Mine are absolutely perfect in every aspect, I couldn’t find a flaw anywhere. The saying “you get what you pay for” rings true with APR products. If you aren’t picky and can live with inferior products, go with the cheap stuff.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 135596 View attachment 135597 I researched for quite some time before dropping the hammer on APR. I purchased their hood and fender vents. Mine are absolutely perfect in every aspect, I couldn’t find a flaw anywhere. The saying “you get what you pay for” rings true with APR products. If you aren’t picky and can live with inferior products, go with the cheap stuff.

I’d normally scoff at spending so much for small change in appearance. But, damn, that looks killer. I’ve got higher priorities right now but I could definitely see me doing this down the road.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’d normally scoff at spending so much for small change in appearance. But, damn, that looks killer. I’ve got higher priorities right now but I could definitely see me doing this down the road.

+1

OP
OP
Sharkman

Sharkman

Reaction score
View attachment 135596 View attachment 135597 I researched for quite some time before dropping the hammer on APR. I purchased their hood and fender vents. Mine are absolutely perfect in every aspect, I couldn’t find a flaw anywhere. The saying “you get what you pay for” rings true with APR products. If you aren’t picky and can live with inferior products, go with the cheap stuff.

SOLD! APR it is. Thank you so much for posting pix. My Raptor is the same color as yours and that looks absolutely amazing!

Any issues with installation (ie broken clips, etc)?

Thank you! Even though this question is a sidebar, but what other mods did you do to your truck? May give me more ideas since we both have magnetic vehicles.

PM if you would like to stay true to this thread.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why?

Carbon Fiber....and worse...Fake Carbon Fiber is an automotive trend that needs to die. Zero value and cheesy IMHO. I liken it to company branded "stickers".

Normally I'd 100% agree with you but I've always known this is a very subjective thing. Some folks just want a custom look to make the vehicle their own. Again, I normally scoff at doing stuff like this to MY vehicle but in this case I think it looks pretty damn sweet. A very subjective thing.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why?

Carbon Fiber....and worse...Fake Carbon Fiber is an automotive trend that needs to die. Zero value and cheesy IMHO. I liken it to company branded "stickers".

Carbon fiber when used extensively to reduce weight makes sense in performance vehicles. I assume that's not what you're referring to here. Other than that, I think it's a bit over priced for what you get on the exterior. It is nice, but not that nice. I also think it will not show much on black trucks like my own. I prefer a nice contrast. I have thought about painting my vents an accent color.

The interior is a different matter. For the most part, your truck is going to have a lot of plastic that doesn't look that great and can get easily scratched. Carbon fiber, or fake fiber, is a pretty good alternative among the available options if you want to upgrade. Personally, I like the fake stuff you can get due to the huge difference in cost, and that they can be easily removed.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
correct. I totally get true CF applications to replace large area of sheet metal for weight savings.

To each his own. Just never liked CF as "bling". Will admit @Brad_hartpro example posted above is one of the better looking examples and what i would deem CF done correct.