Build week of 10/31/22!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does one come to understand being on "Chip Hold"? Curious. How deep do you dig to confirm this actuality?
It’s a generic term for all holds apparently. Ford said chip hold but my dealer and the VINView tracker said factory quality control hold.

From my research, chip hold can be modules, non-electronics parts hold, badging, QC hold, lack of labor, etc.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a generic term for all holds apparently. Ford said chip hold but my dealer and the VINView tracker said factory quality control hold.

From my research, chip hold can be modules, non-electronics parts hold, badging, QC hold, lack of labor, etc.
So your secondary status is of a "hold" variety perhaps? See definitions and a snap of a VVR when definitions are in use. This to me tells me something tangible. Do you have something that tangible like "In transit hold"?Screenshot_20221120_130003.jpg1652857245954.png

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your secondary status is of a "hold" variety perhaps? See definitions and a snap of a VVR when definitions are in use. This to me tells me something tangible. Do you have something that tangible like "In transit hold"?View attachment 381091View attachment 381090
I’m currently at “awaiting shipment” per Ford but my VinView says released to carrier. No updates since then.

I do know that the chip hold sometimes gives a secondary status, because I saw a VVR report that mentioned B&O the other day.

canadianedge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m currently at “awaiting shipment” per Ford but my VinView says released to carrier. No updates since then.

I do know that the chip hold sometimes gives a secondary status, because I saw a VVR report that mentioned B&O the other day.
You’re in the same boat as me. Waiting for mine to jump on a convoy