Broken tie rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JURASIK18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That wasn’t a TRX. It was a ZR2, and it spanked his 37 Raptor from a roll. Which I definitely did not expect.
Lol oops my bad ! you are right ,its a ZR2 but you do have to consider all the extra weight in the Raptor ,tires, and drag from the kc lites... that was my point. Was not a fair race .

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol oops my bad ! you are right ,its a ZR2 but you do have to consider all the extra weight in the Raptor ,tires, and drag from the kc lites... that was my point. Was not a fair race .
It’s a couple of tires, you act as though he was towing a loaded horse trailer. And those KC lights don’t make a difference at such low speed (below 100mph) roll races. Stop making excuses.

Stock Raptors are slow. Stock Raptors on 37’s are even slower. That’s why we have @GooseTuned

JURASIK18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a couple of tires, you act as though he was towing a loaded horse trailer. And those KC lights don’t make a difference at such low speed (below 100mph) roll races. Stop making excuses.

Stock Raptors are slow. Stock Raptors on 37’s are even slower. That’s why we have @GooseTuned
Lol! A stock Raptor is still faster than a Silverado ZR2 .Only lost that race because of the added weight of the aftermarket parts ,tires , and passenger. Its not rocket science.
The only thing slow here is you my friend.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running muds, which will kill acceleration. this guy lives in the West Chester PA area. I hate him with a passion.

A video of a ZR2 vs Raptor I think was done by TFL and the Raptor spanked it. Raptor is the second fastest truck out there for offroad models. Third I guess with the R now.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok just watched again. This guy clearly has very little experience as indicated by flooring the throttle while in 4low on an obstacle. Its a one way ticket to snapping driveline and or orther suspension components . Probably would have snapped a shaft if it was a solid front rig. Opening scene with the adolescent medium shirt , pitbull rockers and aviators is an immediate red flag…Pegs the ****** meter. im jealous honestly i wish i had the cash to not care about a beautiful rig like the code orange in the vid.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since this is the “R” forum, I don’t think anyone has broken them…

Non R stuff doesn’t belong here… move the threads over to non-R for these things

Cocles

Reaction score
For an actual Raptor R drag race we of course have this:

Raptor R is stronger in a rolling start. Anyway, I got morbidly curious and watched a little bit of those broken Raptor videos. Yeah, it says something when the reviewers make it a point to sling insults at Ford owners in general. They're outright proud of their bias. I had to feel bad for that Raptor 37 being bought by someone for the purpose of hating and abusing it.