Bright Friday Sale From Olympus Offroad!!! Amazing Deals!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well confirmed import duty avoidance:

Hey T_J,

We use $20 for the declaring to custom's to keep the cost of shipping down. We will have a new set out to you, Daniel will be in touch to provide shipping label.

-Max

OP
OP
O
Reaction score
Well confirmed import duty avoidance:

Hey T_J,

We use $20 for the declaring to custom's to keep the cost of shipping down. We will have a new set out to you, Daniel will be in touch to provide shipping label.

-Max

That is correct, we could declare the actual cost, but by doing the customer's shipping would be more expensive. I'm sure we all have shipped something in our lives and declared less than the actual value to keep cost down.

Daniel ---- To be fair to Max he did not have the full answer from me when he asked. I was in a meeting and texted a quick answer... please see me full reply below.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is correct, we could declare the actual cost, but by doing the customer's shipping would be more expensive. I'm sure we all have shipped something in our lives and declared less than the actual value to keep cost down.

Sure as an individual that is not unreasonable. However as a company doing the same thing you run the risk of some serious fines, not to mention the tax revenue you are depriving the countries from that could be going to good use such as paying for education.

OP
OP
O
Reaction score
Sure as an individual that is not unreasonable. However as a company doing the same thing you run the risk of some serious fines, not to mention the tax revenue you are depriving the countries from that could be going to good use such as paying for education.

Hi! This is Daniel.

1st... I think it is crap that we even allowed those lights out. we had an issue with the packaging and these must have been already ready to go.. As stated we will get you a new set..

2nd.. We do the majority of our Business outside the USA actually. We have locations in South Korea and China and based on how thing are going.. we are considering a partner location in Australia. Through out time we have evaluated many things and import duties are one of them.

All duties are paid in advance on the actual sale price and it is incorporated into the actual shipping cost from us to. We discount the additional costs and you only pay the logistics ( shipping cost ) in general we actually pay around 18% of the actual retail price as this is a cleaner more efficient way to process the item. if we judged every sale on the retail price and then again to the buyer on the retail price the actual taxation would be double what it should be and in effect there would it would be paid twice. in order to combat the issue and cover the buyer from resulting fees we pay in advance in cooperation with the shippers ( DHL UPS FEDEX ). All in all we pay almost 15% higher in tariffs than a normal import would pay but this protects from any issues and balances out around tax time. So we actually pay more per item and dump more back into the system than if we declared the value individually and made the buyer pay the fees... The amount of paper work that takes is insane and often results in a COD shipment and people don't like that...

We take care of it all on the backside so you don't have to and we pay roughly 14%- 18%

After 4 years of running things we have found this to be the best options when we ship direct from our warehouse. Hope this helps explain it all..

There is no scam on anything nor is there any issue.. id be more than happy to show you miles of monthly invoices showing our contribution to the education system though... I have to wonder if it actually goes there... anyways...

We have always been honest about everything we do and we would love to move more here to the USA but its hard.. We are a growing international company and through what we do overseas we have created a decent number of Jobs in the USA as well..

Thank you for your business.. we really do appreciate it... we are very sorry these made it out and we will make it up to you for sure... As stated shot me an email direct and lets chat 1 on 1 to see what we can do for you in addition to a new set of light! :)

mb200k

Reaction score
Daniel im sorry things got out of control, i just wanted answers about my order and if it was going to be shipped or not, i hope to resolve this with you in private messages, now im seeing the great customer service people talked about. I was just angry i had no clue of what happened.

sincere apology
Fabio

Last edited:
OP
OP
O
Reaction score
So he got the lights and a refund?
The right thing for Fabio to do is to send final payment.
Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.
The Double AA Gift Card
November Pay It Forward Event! - Page 81 - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

Yeah Sunny our shipping manager sent it to the courier we use on Friday and it updated tracking yesterday. I had already sent the refund via paypal yesterday and she updated me last night.

Mr Fabio and I are discussing thing in private now. Thanks.