GEN 1 Brake Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yzsvt

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a first gen and lately the braking power seems to be lacking. Within the past 10k miles I had a majority of the braking components fully replaced with OEM parts. They were nice and grabby for the first 2-3k miles but more recently now than ever it seems the braking power just isn't there. I have been considering upgrading to steel brake lines for some time now before going all in and potentially looking for a big brake kit down the line, but I am just wondering if anyone has any insight on this. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Y

yzsvt

Reaction score
The brake fluid was exchanged within the past six months or so. The truck is a 2013 model year and has about 112k on the clock. Have owned it for about 7 years now so its been fully maintained and I've put a majority of the miles on the truck.

Not sure about the slider pins but that is definitely something I can look more into. Before I go that far with a power stop kit or alcons would it maybe pay to try steel lines first? I've been seeing mixed opinions on whether or not they are worth the money.

I have a shoddy picture of the truck below but it is the most recent one I've taken. It's been my daily for a few years now and I've had an absolute blast with it. I'm currently running 37 inch wheels that were take offs from a third gen with the 37 pp, and the truck has a stage 2 roush super charger.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 2.57.27 PM.png