Border Patrol Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cloth is not a very good option. It soaks up sweat and leaves the units smelling quite bad.

I had read somewhere that Federal purchasing requirements had to do with the "no leather" thing. As a tax payer- I dont care if you guys have leather, your job is tough enough. It's congress that needs to have things prohibited.

OP
OP
fostercd

fostercd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had read somewhere that Federal purchasing requirements had to do with the "no leather" thing. As a tax payer- I dont care if you guys have leather, your job is tough enough. It's congress that needs to have things prohibited.

I believe the Tahoes have pleather. As for the Raptors I believe the official response is they cost more, however, they are cheaper for up keep, and you do not have to add much after market items such as skid plates, enhanced shocks etc, so in the long run they are actually cheaper. Also the couple of cloth seat units we have get torn up pretty bad via the gun holster/gun. Leather holds up a bit better.

OP
OP
fostercd

fostercd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to agree, the leather is way better for cleaning but read it some where that the border patrol wanted cloth for some reason.
Are you guys getting more lights on there for off roading at night?

I think that has to do with station budgets. I know Arizona gets more off road accessories such as winches etc than Texas. Truth be told we do a lot of off roading during the day, but at night it is a lot of walking. It is harder to work when you are driving a vehicle with lots of lights that someone could see coming from miles away.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
That's so cool. Do they put any kind of infrared cameras on those for spotting illegals at night?:peace:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you must have been in front of home depot

Damn if that doesn't remind me of a story!

I was the vehicles maintenance guy at my prior employment location within the military. We took out vehicles certain places to get certain work done to them. This one place was not in a BAD part of town, but not necessarily a resort area, either.

I was in a Chevy 2500 Crew Cab, Long Box with a cap and it was straight white. Definitely looked like the work truck it was. I had all sorts of "illegals" coming up to me with paint brushes, nail guns, carpet tools and every other sort of imaginable hand-held tool asking about day labor and if I pay cash like the guy yesterday.

It's just incredible at the amount of shit work people like that will do -- but then again it's equally as ****** at the amount of work that employers will hire them to do and not Americans that are looking for jobs -- but THEN it ******* BLOWS MY MIND at the amount of work an American will turn down because it's "too hard" or some shit.

The world sucks. :flipthebird:

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The state gov will keep these for a while. I guarantee it. With our ****** budget, they won't be swapping them out as fast as they use to.