Big Horn Ridge - LK Mead NRA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
My 2nd Archive's Instalment.
I discovered Big Horn Ridge by accident one day. I took a wash that ran down towards Lk Mead and parked near the water. The surrounding Mountains and Ridges looked really interesting, so I grabbed my pack and headed into the Mountains. After cresting a hilltop, staying below the Military Crest, so as not to silhouette myself against the skyline and I saw what appeared to be an extensive Trail System?
Now I'm Off - Trail, middle of Nowhere and I'm thinking...W T F..These Trails are not on any map source that I have??
Turns out I am in the Middle of Big Horn Highway! All the Trails I am looking at are BIG HORN TRAILS!
I have returned here many times and I have Always been rewarded with seeing many, many Big Horns...What a Find!!IMGP7490.JPGIMGP7497.JPGIMGP7491.JPGIMGP7522.JPGE96E9BDA-D6EB-419C-92A8-600C3F5C8EB0.jpeg

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very cool, I would love to see that in person! I remember when I was about 10 and my dad first started taking me into big, deep woods, I was blown away at the little trails that whitetails put down in insanely thick areas. Especially in big rhododendron patches, which are REALLY big and thick evergreen bushes that are thick all the way down to the ground. The only way I could follow them was on my hands and knees, yet the deer could scoot right through!

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Very cool, I would love to see that in person! I remember when I was about 10 and my dad first started taking me into big, deep woods, I was blown away at the little trails that whitetails put down in insanely thick areas. Especially in big rhododendron patches, which are REALLY big and thick evergreen bushes that are thick all the way down to the ground. The only way I could follow them was on my hands and knees, yet the deer could scoot right through!
Well let’s plan your spring Vegas Trip. Hopefully I can FNING Walk by then. You would be only the 2nd person I’ve taken up there…
So You got that going for you ;)
Which is nice :)