Biden Administration Quietly Raised Amount of Ethanol Required in Gasoline from 10% to 15%

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petlh

Reaction score
Have a '14 6.2 Roush and using 93 oct Premium. Any need for concern here with the extra ETOH?

Reaction score
Corn ethanol uses more fossil fuel to produce than it displaces at the pump. The idiots in Washington are bending everyone over for the corn farmers to ream out at a net cost to the environment and we're rewarding them for it. I'd complain, but it wouldn't do any good and we are actually getting what we deserve. I'm glad that the younger folks who vote for this idiocy will be the ones paying for it. Serves them right. In the meantime, I'm going to drive my gas guzzler hard. $10 gas? I'm going to drive even more. F*ck ' em.

Those of us in 'corn farmer' territory love people like you too, and hey, go ahead and burn it all, its insured.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Europe, it's like that since 10 years...doesn't mean it's good, In South America , Brasil for exemple, all gasoline cars work whith ethanol...
In my gen 2, I often fill up tank whith 50% of E85 whithout any problem, gas mileage isnot the best in this condition but here, E85 is 3 times cheaper than gasoline, so...

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the 6.2L V8 can only use a max of 10% Ethanol. Not sure how this is going to affect our engines.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...three-predictable-problems-will-surface-soon/

This is incorrect. There was no change to the required amount of ethanol. The change was to allow E15 to continue to be sold later in the year then it normally is, changing an EPA regulation. If you aren't currently buying E15 this will not affect you. E15 pumps are labeled as either "E15" or "88 octane" in the US.

BrisaRivas

Reaction score
Hey folks, I saw this news on a political social media platform and it's definitely an interesting development. Personally, I think increasing the ethanol blend to 15% could have some environmental benefits, but I'm curious about the potential impact on engine performance and mileage. It's a complex issue, and I'd love to hear more opinions and expert insights on this!

Last edited:

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
politician buys ADM, Ingredion or green plains renewables, and then makes policy to increase ethanol content in fuel...

classic, legal insider trading by dirty politicians..