Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fee_Fi

Reaction score
One thing I am struggling with is the proper angle and heights of the lights when used together to get maximum lumens out in front. Is there a best practice (ie degrees up and in/out from 90) for each of the these lights when used together or is it just user preference.

vsayler

Reaction score
S8 light install behind grill - comments on instructions

1. Make sure you get the latest version of the instructions, they have improved
  2. Step 3 is possibly the trickiest part, there are a number of “pins” securing the painted fascia piece around the headlight, some pictures of both sides detailing these “pins"would be a good addition to the instructions
  3. Step 6, where they say gently lift grill up, remember that for the reinstall, there are some pins so it has to be reinstalled by putting the top in place first and getting those pins in their slots.
  4. Also in step 6, 4 of the nuts you remove are very odd. So I would read sections 9 and 10 first so you understand what is going on.
  5. Section 7, its not clear to me from their picture how to exactly install the brackets, of course I don’t have the brackets yet and with them and the opened grill I might be able to figure it out..... but extra pictures would be helpful
  6. Section 11 talks about running wiring in front of or behind the lights. I am sure that I don’t want the approx 1/2 inch thick wire in front of the lights, both blocking it some, and I suspect the lights get a bit hot (at least the fog kit lights do). So study this carefully and perhaps we can get some picture showing how people have run the wires behind the lights.
  7. Step 13 on adjusting the light angle. It would be interesting for those who have already installed this to comment on whether they had this light pointing straight out or down to some degree, and how far down.

crv

Reaction score
I have a brand new in the box 30" S8 light bar kit I never installed and I'm not going to be able to use due to changing bumper/relocating adaptive cruise if anyone is interested.

vsayler

Reaction score
S8 install notes

The first picture shows the flat bracket as it fits on the top of the grill. This is the right side of the car and shows where we routed our power line from the S8 up to meet the wiring coming from the power source.

We put the wire referred to in Step 10 behind the S8 light bar. This seemed the best way to us. We rerouted this wire after we have the S8 installed and did this by disconnecting the wire from the bottom 2 connection spots and running it behind while having the 2 parts of the grill loosely attached and reaching through the louvres to plug it back in. We didn’t need any wire ties as the wire was taught against the S8 and not impacting the louvres.

In Step 5 we found it easiest to completely remove the painted headlight fascia. A note though that we lost one of the little clips and so part of it is loose…. That would have been undone whether we took the entire thing off or not. The second and third pictures show the back of this part and what it attaches to.

Attachments

• IMG_1699.jpg
    IMG_1699.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1704.jpg
    IMG_1704.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1701.jpg
    IMG_1701.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 99

RaeGun

Reaction score
Thought I'd post some pix of my BD lights installed last week. Thanks to Nick at Apollo Optics for handling the order, the Baja Designs crew for putting together a cool product and NorCal motors in Auburn, CA for a slick install.

IMG_0090_zpsnlhwhups.jpg
IMG_0088_zpsx2dk6hck.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thought I'd post some pix of my BD lights installed last week. Thanks to Nick at Apollo Optics for handling the order, the Baja Designs crew for putting together a cool product and NorCal motors in Auburn, CA for a slick install.

IMG_0090_zpsnlhwhups.jpg
IMG_0088_zpsx2dk6hck.jpg

I really love how this setup turned out, Rob. Very functional for what you need and the weather you drive in!

vsayler

Reaction score
It looks like your 30 inch S8 bar behind the grill is yellow. How did that happen? mine is white. Also your wide angle lights in the fog area are blue. Is that a cover?
thanks
Van

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It looks like your 30 inch S8 bar behind the grill is yellow. How did that happen? mine is white. Also your wide angle lights in the fog area are blue. Is that a cover?
thanks
Van

You can easily change the colors of our LED Lights by using one of these lens kits:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Replacement-Lenses.asp

This customer most likely switched out the White Lenses for Amber on the 30" S8. They also switch the S2s out to a Blue Lens. Our uService technology makes the switch very easy.
https://www.bajadesigns.com/science-of-lighting/uservice.asp

-Bailey, Baja Designs

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Looks great! Thanks for posting up!