Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pfred

Reaction score
I want to fit a pair of BD LP6’s on the A Pillar but trying to understand if I will run into an issue with the Radio Antenna.

Looking for some feedback from anyone that has gone this route? Looks like my mount options are SDHQ or alternative off-road. From what I can gather, SDHQ mounts and LP6’s will interfere with the antenna but the alternative off-road mounts will work.

@Baja Designs any advice?

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
I want to fit a pair of BD LP6’s on the A Pillar but trying to understand if I will run into an issue with the Radio Antenna.

Looking for some feedback from anyone that has gone this route? Looks like my mount options are SDHQ or alternative off-road. From what I can gather, SDHQ mounts and LP6’s will interfere with the antenna but the alternative off-road mounts will work.

@4x4TruckLEDs.com has done this.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I'm not too sure which hood mount will be best for this application. Hopefully, we have some other customers chime in with their experience.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Baja Designs 10" Hybrid Laser Light - On Board Racing With Branden Sims!

VIDEO:

Above is an onboard, uncut view of Branden Sims ripping across Laughlin Desert Classic UTV Night Race equipped with our 10" Hybrid Laser Light! Our Hybrid Laser Light is capable of projecting light 350% further than the most advanced LEDs on the market today.

Check out all of the Baja Designs Laser Lights below!
Baja Designs | Laser Lighting

Kahuna

Reaction score
HI Bailey. I currently have 2x SAE squadrons, 4x combo Squadron Pros and 1x Squadron Racer Edition mounted on my bumper. What would you recommend for A pillar lights in the XL size based on your experience? 1x Race and 1x XL80? 2x XL80s? 2x XL80s with DIY spot lenses?

I haven't really had a chance to drive it much yet so I will be sure to do so before my final decision.

Thanks,
K

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
HI Bailey. I currently have 2x SAE squadrons, 4x combo Squadron Pros and 1x Squadron Racer Edition mounted on my bumper. What would you recommend for A pillar lights in the XL size based on your experience? 1x Race and 1x XL80? 2x XL80s? 2x XL80s with DIY spot lenses?

I haven't really had a chance to drive it much yet so I will be sure to do so before my final decision.

Thanks,
K

What kind of speeds are you traveling?

Honestly, your best bet is to drive the truck at night and see what you have and then figure out what you need. Each person's driving characteristics are different and their needs change accordingly. For some folks, they may want more overall coverage of XL80s. Some folks may needs more spot, some folks may need a lot more spot.

Kahuna

Reaction score

Honestly, your best bet is to drive the truck at night and see what you have and then figure out what you need. Each person's driving characteristics are different and their needs change accordingly. For some folks, they may want more overall coverage of XL80s. Some folks may needs more spot, some folks may need a lot more spot.

Mostly 60 ish at night but with some blasts up to 90.

I get that everyone is different but I really just wanted a feel for "Raptors doin' Raptor stuff" averages. i.e. You seem (in BD speak) to have zone 3 covered. Zone 1/2 are ok but you could use a little more. Zone 4/5, "those are rookie numbers, you gotta pump those numbers up, here's what I would add...".

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks,
K

Mostly 60 ish at night but with some blasts up to 90.

I get that everyone is different but I really just wanted a feel for "Raptors doin' Raptor stuff" averages. i.e. You seem (in BD speak) to have zone 3 covered. Zone 1/2 are ok but you could use a little more. Zone 4/5, "those are rookie numbers, you gotta pump those numbers up, here's what I would add...".

As Nick said above, your best option is to drive the truck at night a few times before adding more lighting.

If you are hitting 60 and occasionally 90mph, then the XL Racer will be a great option. It is designed for speeds of 80, 90, 100+.

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter